Some Things I Learned in 2015

Hey y’all!  I thought, since the new-year is still fresh, I could do a post on what I learned in 2015.  I encourage you to take a moment to write out your own list, too.  Writing lists always gives me a more thankful and organized spirit.  Why not reflect on what the Lord did this past year?  2015 was a wonderful year and I learned a lot of thing that I would like to share some of them with you.  I learned that…

  • Bugs are not the end of the world.  Tell yourself this over and over again.
  • Camping takes a lot of planning, but is super fun.  Even if it storms the whole time and your legs get covered in huge red mosquito bites.  Read my camping tips here.
  • God’s plans are so much better than mine.  Ever wonder why lies never seem to connect all the dots?   God’s stories for our lives are so much better than we ever could create.  I need to let God write my story.
  • I need to strive for patience.  I like to be busy all the time.  I always want days and even years to just magically pass in a blink of an eye so I can get to the time I most want at that moment.  I need to have patience and wait for God’s perfect timing.
  • Say “YES” to whatever God has for you.  It’s the key to following God’s will.  If you’re not sure what He’s asking you to say yes to right now, continue to seek Him diligently.
  • God works in so many ways.  When I become more aware of God’s work in my life, I begin to see the ways He is working in so many different situations.  It truly is amazing to see His hand in things.
  • God doesn’t care what my singing voice sounds like.  One of my brothers is a great example of this.  You can almost always hear him singing out loudly for the Lord.  God doesn’t care if our singing sounds awful, as long as we are doing it for His glory.  This goes for so many other things as well!
  • Making mistakes is OK.  I make mistakes all the time while playing my instruments, but guess what?  It’s not a big deal.  Mistakes are how you learn!
  • Bible memorization is a wonderful tool.  Repeatedly I find this to be true in my life.  Scripture is a great thing to meditate on.  It is also a good weapon when temptation comes!
  • I CAN cook, if I use my brain.  Honestly, I do not like to cook!  But you know what?  I can if I put my mind to it.



Did you learn any of these things in 2015 too?  I would love to hear what you learned!  Please comment below!

Comments