What Would You Do If You Knew You Couldn't Fail?

This question still haunts me.  It’s been almost 3 months since I first read it on a *YouVersion plan, and I still think about it almost daily.  What would do if I knew I couldn’t fail?  This was such an overwhelming question, and I didn’t exactly know how to answer it.  This brought up other questions… what are my goals and dreams in life?  What doors could these things possibly open for the gospel’s sake?  Is Christ calling me to step out and do something that I never believed could happen?

These questions plagued me, and I couldn’t get away from it.  I knew that I had to write out my answer to this question, so I quickly got a pencil and a notebook and started brainstorming.  Here are two of the things I came up with…

Publish a hymn arrangement collection.

This dream quickly made it on the list.  Of course, writing hymn arrangements has been something I have enjoyed for a while, but publishing is a different story.  I love to play around on the piano and come up with different ideas and then combine them to make arrangements, but actually publishing my arrangements for people to use seemed impossible!

Start a musical ministry team.

“Ha! - Well, that surely isn’t going to be realistic!”  That’s exactly how I felt when I wrote that down on my list.  I would love to one day have a musical group that arranges, performs, or records CDs together for the Lord’s glory!  The prospect seemed a little far-fetched though.

So why did I share that with you?

Because, I seriously believe that God can help me achieve these dreams!  Before, I didn’t really think much about them because I thought that they were ridiculous and unrealistic ideas.  Answering that question really got me to think, though.  By answering this question, I remembered that with God, ALL things are possible.  If my ultimate goal is to glorify God, I believe that He can make a way for anything to happen.

And so, I took these dreams and handed them over to God.

I still have no expectation that these things will happen, but I do know that God can do anything.  If He wants me to do it, than I know that I can do it.

So I want to be ready.

I’m not just going to say, “Okay, God, you can publish my arrangements if you want,” but I don’t actually work hard at writing arrangements.  How can I publish an arrangement if I haven’t first spent time working on arrangements and becoming better equipped in that area?  I’m not just going to say, “Okay, God, bring me the musicians if you want me to have a music group,” and then not bother to take the initiative to get to know other musicians.

So I’m going to be ready for His answer, and believe that with God, ALL things are possible.  My dreams can come true in God’s will!

So I want to encourage you today… write out a list of things you would do if you knew you couldn’t fail.  Go ahead; dream big!  Answer the question honestly.  Then, commit them to God and trust that He’ll make a way if it’s His will.  And don’t forget to pursue advancement in those areas!  Walk down that path until God shuts the door.

And believe that with God, you can do ANYTHING.


*YouVersion plan, “Chasing Failure”


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this!! =) It was so encouraging and just what I needed to hear today! You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad this was a blessing to you today! Isn't God's timing amazing? :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, it really is! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!