Currently: June

Reading… Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman.  I just started reading it so I can’t say yet if I would recommend it.  However, it is very good so far!

Smelling… Pumpkin bread and waffles.  For some reason, there’s been this trend of our house smelling like either pumpkin bread or waffles at all times.  Today it was pumpkin bread.  But I’ve also lost track of how many waffles I’ve eaten in the past two weeks...

Thinking… of the blessing and power of prayer.

Itching… because I sat outside for a few hours the other night and forgot that mosquitos like me.  But hey, at least I enjoyed the beautiful evening weather and sunset :)

Listening… to All I Need by the Bontrager Family Singers.

Eating… mashed potatoes and tacos. And the aforementioned waffles.  That’s pretty much what my menu has looked like this past week.

Drinking… water, like normal.  Because I rarely drink anything else.

Wearing… this new red + white + blue necklace my grandma bought me.  I can’t believe July 4th is Tuesday! :O  Looking forward to ice cream, fireworks, and family time!

Experimenting… with zentangle and water colored pencils!  I was pleased with my volleyball zentangle, but I’ve got a bit more practicing to do with my watercolors.

Painting… my dresser.  I’m super excited to see the lovely piece of furniture when it’s done!  It’ll definitely add lots of character and personality to my room.

Anticipating… heading north to visit family in 2 weeks!  It’s been a while and I can’t wait to see everyone again.

Singing… The third movement of Gloria by John Rutter.  It’s just so grand and fast and loud and exciting and fun, although utterly confusing when 4 different parts are singing “Amen” at different times, and in every time signature you can think of.  But it all adds to the grandeur :)

So that’s what I’ve been up to lately!  Happy July, friends!


What are your plans for the 4th of July?

What all were you up to this June?

Comments

  1. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)July 1, 2017 at 6:05 PM

    I enjoyed hearing about what you've been up to! Are you thinking about the power of prayer because of my magazine? Hehe! ;) I'll let you know what I've been up to in my letter today or tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well no I wasn't thinking about your magazine, but now that you mention it, I might go back and re-read some of those articles since the topic of prayer is on my heart :) I can't wait to hear what you're up to in your letter!

      Delete
  2. Oh this was really cool! :D Kenzie read "Not a Fan" and she loved it! :) Also pumpkin bread and waffles sound delicious xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella! It's helpful to know that Kenzie loved Not a Fan -- thank you for telling me! Happy 4th of July!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great month, Grace! Last month I went to Canada! When are you going to visit your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy -- I did have a wonderful month! We are heading up to visit family in a little over a week. I hope you had tons of fun in Canada! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I had a great time in Canada. And I promise I will reply to your email before too long hopefully. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like life has been interesting for you! We've also been eating quite a few waffles recently... We've been berry picking a lot and whenever we do we have waffles with berries on top. It's good though. :) And I love "All I Need" by the Bontragers! That's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, life stays interesting! :) So glad you could take the time to go berry picking! We did that one year and made some great family memories... as well as filled every large container we had with blackberries! ;) "All I Need" is one of my favorites from the Bontragers, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!