Currently: September + October

Hey y’all!  So, since I didn’t get a “currently” post out for September, and it’s already pretty much 2/3rds the way through October (HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!), I figured that I’d just go ahead and combine the two months into one post :)  So here’s what I’m currently up to…




Reading… Daring to Hope by Katie Davis Majors.  Katie’s book Kisses from Katie is my favorite book so of course I’m absolutely loving this new book too!

Perfecting… four piano pieces, including Clair de Lune, for a piano competition in a week and a half.  But please, I need more time! :P

Starting… on Christmas music – because why not?! :)


Eating… ice cream!  This photo commemorates the first day I had ice cream after abstaining from it a whole month :)


Concocting… a strawberry chocolate tart.  OH MY GOODNESS.  It’s sitting in the fridge right now, waiting to be consumed after dinner, and it looks absolutely amazing (the picture above was quickly snapped with an iPhone 4 and doesn't do it justice)!  If it tastes half as good as it looks, it’ll be a winner!  The recipe I used is here.

Missing… volleyball.  I am NOT ready for the season to be done! :(

Laughing… over this new game my younger siblings invented, called “dart-ball,” played with Nerf dart guns.  Sometimes siblings come up with the best games :)  Fun times!

Enjoying… cool mornings, 70-degree days, long sleeves.  Fall in the south is finally here, people!

Discovering… that despite the fact that I love these fall temperatures, my wardrobe is totally not ready for the cooler weather! :/

Smiling… because God is good, all the time.


What have you been up to lately?

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness that strawberry chocolate tart does look amazing!! :D And I LOVE "Daring to Hope" *insert heart eyes* xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tart didn't just look amazing... it WAS amazing! :) And "Daring to Hope" was wonderful! I finished reading it just a few minutes ago ;)

      Delete
    2. Mmmmmm... ice cream!!! and the strawberry tart looks delicious!!!!! I have been loving the fall weather as well (except for the fact that it betrayed me the other day when I wanted to wear my sweatshirt... of course that was the day it was warm! haha).
      Thanks for sharing about your month(s)! I always enjoy reading these posts. :) I haven't been up to much besides school and practicing, haha! ;)

      Delete
    3. Oops, sorry! I didn't mean to reply to Bella's comment! XD

      Delete
    4. Aww, that stinks that you couldn't wear your sweatshirt that day! :( xD
      SAME here about school + practicing! ;)
      I'm glad you enjoy these posts! They are really fun to write up!
      And don't worry, maybe with some talking-to Bella might choose to forgive you for replying to her comment ;)
      xD haha!

      Delete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)October 23, 2017 at 10:22 PM

    Wow, sounds like so much fun! I'm reading Daring to Hope too, I'll finish it tomorrow! It's SO GOOD!!! EEK! I love it! :D I've been up to mostly school and making new inventory for my business, so I hope you like seeing it in the next issue of my magazine! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got your hands on Daring to Hope! It was a good book! Enjoy finishing it! :) Yay for new business inventory! I'm excited to see!

      Delete
  3. If you liked “Kisses From Katie” you should read “Miracle on Voodoo Mountain.” It’s about a young woman who has a very similar story to Katie’s. She moved to Haiti and started a school there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion, Elizabeth! That book sounds interesting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!