10 Moments from God - Summer Blog Tag

A couple of months ago I decided to discontinue most blog tags on this blog in order to focus more on spiritual growth.  However, I do not mind the occasional tag, as long as it is uplifting!  Anna from Annie Writes tagged me for this fun and joy-filled tag, created to help us count God’s blessings in our lives!  Thank you for the tag, Anna.

So, so many amazing things happened this summer.  It is definitely the most memorable summer of my life so far!  I am indeed blessed.  But because I cannot pinpoint just 10 little “moments,” here are some of the more general blessings that were filled with thousands of tiny moments!


There are hundreds of little memories I could mention from my time serving, but it would take days to write it all.  Here are just a couple particular memories…
“I’ll bring the bacon!”
The counselor crew raiding the kitchen during break one day. (I ended up with a chocolate-chip pancake :))
Me: “How old do you think I am?” Camper: “I was gonna say between 20 and 33.”
Camper: “Is Miss Katie your sister?”
Camper: “Is ‘Parson’ your dad?”
Camper: “Your dad…” Me: “That’s not actually my dad.”  Camper: “I know.  But I’m calling him ‘your dad’ anyway.”
Camper: *composes a hilariously insulting poem about me on the spot… and it all rhymes*
Guy counselor: “Duck!” Me: *doesn’t duck* Guy counselor: *smacks me in the face with a dodge ball*
The group effort to save my friend who was stranded over the lake on the zip-line… in the dark
Getting pelted with soaking-wet sponges
Scoring points in Kitty Litter Golf




2 – Lake Erie

While up in Ohio, I got to see my first Great Lake!  Erie was beautiful!



3 – Music camp

I got home from Ohio at 11 P.M. on a Saturday night, got up early on Sunday, threw in a load of laundry (EVERYTHING in my bag smelt like the lake!), went to church, returned to dry my clothes and have lunch, packed in about 2 minutes, and then checked in at music camp that afternoon.  It was quite the weekend!

Music camp is always a fun time to make new friends and further develop my music skills.  I made several amazing new friends, played for a masterclass (a first), won candy awards, got 4 private lessons from a university professor, and even had the honor of performing in the camp concert at the end of the week.


4 – My uncle’s Air Force retirement ceremony

My uncle retired from the Air Force this July and had a ceremony.  We had a good time reconnecting with our extended family members that drove long distances to be there.  I was given the opportunity to play piano for the ceremony, and added several pieces to my repertoire that I would not have otherwise!  When I was told to play “marches,” I couldn’t help but throw in the Imperial March… :)



5 – Trip to Mt. Mitchell

Mt. Mitchell is the tallest mountain peak east of the Mississippi.  The last time I visited, I was a baby… this time, I DROVE part of the way up!  How time flies!


The views were absolutely incredible.  When you’re standing at the very top, everything is below you!  For about 30 seconds, I was literally the highest point this side of the Mississippi – the bench I was standing on helped. :)

Very top!



6 – Beach trip (May)

This didn’t *technically* take place in the summer, but I haven’t gotten to share pictures yet so I’ve decided to throw it in here. :)  I hadn’t gone to the beach in about 5 years, so I was SUPER excited to go!  My older brother took me and we made a day out of it.  There is nothing like the fishy, salt-water smell of the ocean and giant waves that knock you to the ground.  When I’m standing on the shore and all I can see is water, stretching out endlessly on the horizon, I’m in absolute awe of what a mighty Creator we have!



7 – Game night

We had a few college students stay in town over the summer, including some incoming freshmen who arrived early, so my brothers and I hosted a pizza-and-game night after church last Sunday.  We had 13 people total and I would say it was a smashing success.  Many rounds of Round Robin were played, and by some miracle I even won a round! (Upset of the century.)  We then proceeded to spend about 2 hours playing a very intense game of Signs. :)

Below are the goodies I baked for the party.



8 – Trying the Curly Girl Method

Last year I discovered that my hair has a touch of natural curl/wave to it – and I’ve been brushing it out for who knows how long!  A friend got me started on the Curly Girl Method and I’ve been absolutely loving it despite some trial and error.  I’m currently a month along using the method on a daily basis, and I’m super excited!  I’ve been documenting the progress with photos.  Some days are great, and some days are like, is there any curl anywhere?! :)  Curl or not, it’s been a fun experiment!



9 – Afternoon at the lake (May)

A friend and I met at a nearby lake one day in May and enjoyed a picnic and long chat on the dock, complete with sunburns (don't be deceived by the seemingly overcast appearance of the sky... it didn't last!).




10 – Church music

A couple of Sundays ago I did all the music for my church and was able to organize the morning instrumental offertory and vocal offering.  It’s always fun to organize groups and see them come together!



 

Rules: Use the graphic, copy the rules, reflect over 10 moments God blessed you with this summer (2019), and tag four blog friends (or less if you run out of blog friends 😉)Ready, set, go!

I tag…
Julia @ The Climb

Comments

  1. Hi Grace. My name is Kiara. I love your blog!!! Nice to meet you!!!♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, you're hair is so beautiful with the curls!! I really need help with me curls😫. Maybe one day your can give me the jist of what you do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But your curls are always amazing! ;) YOU should be giving ME tips!!

      Delete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you've had a wonderful summer!! I'm very glad that God has blessed you was so many memories and moments. So thankful, for we don't deserve anything. I hope you have a great school year, as well! ��❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right, we don't deserve a bit of it!! Thank you for your comment, Heaven!

      Delete
  4. This is so awesome Grace! Praise God for his many blessings! I love your curls. So beautiful! We are familiar with the curly girl method. :D Mt. Mitchell looks sooo fun!!! :D Those memories from camp are so hilarious! XD
    Thanks for the nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oooh, do you have any special curly girl tips for me? :)
      You're very welcome!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!