Blogging Struggles

I cringe to think it has been nearly 2 months since I’ve last sat down to blog.  Do I have excuses?  Absolutely.  Who doesn’t like to give excuses?

  If I’m being absolutely honest, I have NO IDEA what I should blog about.

  Lately I’ve been occupied with sickness, music, work, school, exams, organization, planning, and investing in relationships.  Blogging has just been so far down on the list.  Is this a problem?  Yes and no.

  I don’t regret spending my time in different areas.  I have a life outside of the blogosphere that is worth living.  However, I do regret my unfaithfulness to a commitment I took up years ago when I chose to start a blog.  Just like everything else in my life, my blog is deserving of my consistency and commitment to excellence.  That is something I have repeatedly cast aside this past year as I have blogged rather randomly.

  I feel like the blogger on the merry-go-round of promising to do better, backsliding, apologizing, and then promising to do better once again.  What a depressing cycle.

  I can’t promise to do better this time.  Those promises mean very little when you consider my track record.  However, I will still strive for better excellence in all areas of my life, blogging included.

  The New Year is approaching and I have a couple exciting plans for the blog that I’m excited to implement.   Hopefully, these will help me get a fresh start and bring fresh inspiration.  To prepare for this, I’m skipping my normal New Year Blog Week.  I would like to spend the week preparing for the New Year and specifically creating content to build up my post collection for 2020.

  As always, please let me know what you would like to read more of on the blog.  Your input is extremely important!  If you have given a post request in the past and I have not used it, please remind me below. :)  I can’t promise to use every post idea, but I will consider each one, especially as I begin writing and scheduling posts for next year.


  See you all in the New Year!

Comments

  1. Hello, Grace!

    Gosh, I totally understand. It has been like this for me ever since the new school year. I'm starting to get back into a blogging a bit since I'm on winter break, but life does get busy. A few blog post ideas that I have in mind are:

    Tips for Memorizing Scripture
    What your Devotional Time looks like
    How to Reach Out to Someone
    Ministries you Follow (recommendations)

    It's hard to believe how close we are to 2020! I'm glad all is well with you, and I can't wait to see what God has in-store for you this upcoming year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Heaven! I made sure to write your suggestions down and mark them REQUESTED for future reference. :)
      Thank you for your new year wishes! 2020 is bringing many changes, and I am extremely excited to see what God does. :) I hope your 2020 is filled with much growth and many blessings! Keep seeking the Lord and His will.

      Delete
  2. A few ideas would be 1) Perseverance Through Learning Instruments 2) Books that you think are Encouragements to Christians.

    2020 is almost here! (YIKES!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lilly! I will write down your ideas, too. :) Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  3. Happy New year! Great post! - Kiara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!