DIY // No-Sew Fringe Scarf

Hey y’all!  Okay, I am convinced that this is the worlds’ easiest refashion DIY project EVER.  It doesn’t even deserve the name “tutorial” because all you need is a t-shirt and a pair of scissors, and about 2 minutes of your time.  Nevertheless, I wanted to show you mine and inspire you to make your own if you’ve never seen how to make one before.

I am not a sewer, and crochet and knitting are not my forte. But, refashion entered the question with a few glances at Pinterest and an “I want to go to Goodwill!”  Seriously, do you know how many cute things you can make by refashioning?

T-shirts seemed like a good starting point, so I picked up a pink striped t-shirt at Goodwill for a dollar.  It hung in my closet for a few months as I continued to dream about the things I could do with it.  Well, a few days ago, I got a creative itch (ever happen to y’all?), and I picked that shirt up, flopped myself down with my laptop, and searched up refashioning on Pinterest – for the umpteenth time.

And I came across this adorable little toddler dress that was made by refashioning a pink shirt.  Now, one thing to know about me is, I like cutting corners and doing things my way when it comes to following instructions.  So, after a quick look over what the blogger did to that shirt, and being surprised at how easy it seemed, I started work to refashion the shirt into a dress.  Well, my first attempt failed when I forgot to put the right sides together and had to rip out a bunch of ugly white stitches on the pink material (tip: use thread that blends with your fabric!  Go figure!)  And then, after double checking, triple checking, and even more checking, I finally decided that I had it right and went to sew it.

Fast forward 2 hours…

Ta-da!  I had a really ugly, uneven, unattractive, sloppy dress – if you can even call it that!  It was awful.  So I resorted to plan B and with a few cuts, I had a super easy fringe scarf for myself.  It was a keeper, too.  Score!


Cute, ain’t it?  Well, at least in my opinion, it is.  For a dollar, I would say that it’s a pretty good piece to add to my wardrobe.  I will definitely wear it!

So, what you do is, cut straight across the shirt right under the sleeves.  Now you have a large rectangle/square tube.  Now on one side, cut a bunch of snips about 2 inches inward to create a fringe.  You now have an easy fringe scarf that took you no time at all.  This scarf would be great to add just a touch of class to an everyday outfit, or to cover up a lower neckline.


Comment below to let me know if you made it, and how it turned out! :)

Comments

  1. I cant wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, "glitter girl"!!! :) Let me know how it goes if you try it out!

      Delete
    2. okay I will.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!