My Goals // Summer 2016 + May Review

Hey y’all!  Yeah, it’s been a month since I’ve posted on this little nook of mine… yikes!  Hopefully (no promises, but hopefully…) I’ll have more posts coming this summer.  I’m really excited about the summer for multiple reasons, but you know me; I can’t start without first making some goals! :)  This time I’m doing something a little differently and making a list for the entire season, instead of each month at a time *boohoohoo.* I’ve got a busy summer ahead o’ me and will be very busy at the beginning of July as I’ll be heading out on a mission trip, so I think it’d be best to skip that month’s goal post especially.   Oh yeah, and did you see that I officially turned these monthly goal posts into a series?!  Yay! :D
Summer doesn’t officially start till June 20th, but since it’s still in June and June 1st is like my favorite day of the year… I’m going ahead and getting this done in time for June to begin! =D And plus, if the weather’s warm enough for sunglasses and flip flops, then I say it’s summer!!

Okay, enough jabbering, and onto the, *gulp,* May review.


REVIEW: MAY 2016 GOALS
1: Start a missionary biography.  I did this but didn’t continue reading much :(
2: Blog a DIY project.  Obviously, no, since I haven’t blogged since last month
3: Start/complete a hymn arrangement for 2 instruments.  Yes!  I wasted so much paper and wanted to rip out my hair, but… I got this done!  Oh yeah, yeah, yeah!!  I celebrated with Moose Tracks Ice Cream :)
4: Study a musical era.  No :(  But I did decide who my favorite composer is!  Burgmuller!!  His stuff is easier than a lot of other famous composers but FUN!  I LOVED both “Ballade” and “The Storm!”
5: Begin another piano piece.  Yup!
6: Play the first 100 songs in our hymnal.  I played at least the first 50, I know that!  And I’m sure I’ve played pretty much all of the next 50 too.  Okay, maybe not ALL, but most…
7: Clean out my closet.  No…
8: Take photos for future blog posts.  Yes!  Hopefully within the next week or 2 I will blog a graduation card inspiration post.
9: Try a new recipe.  Yes:  super-duper easy-peasy delicious cheese “crackers” made by simply melting clumps of cheese into circles.  Don’t forget to dip em’ in sour cream!!! :D
10: Tell 1+ person about my blog.  No, but I have some people in mind to tell soon
11: Make a necklace.  No.  I guess I already have a lot of necklaces, but I hope on learning to make a new kind soon.
12: Make 3 cards based on Pinterest.   I made WAAAAY more than three!
13: Fix clothing.  No… I’ve got to do this SOON!  I have quite a few cute things to wear this summer that need repair before they are wear-able!
14:  Put together a repurposed ensemble.  No, not this either
15: Complete a Pinterest project.  Yes - washi-tape pencils; basically just making really cute pencils by covering them in washi-tape.  I know: really easy, right?  But it was on Pinterest so I’m still counting it.  Funny thing is, I did mine totally wrong and it’s kinda terrible, lol!
 16: Read an article on a creative endeavor.  No… wait!  I read an article, but I don’t know you could call it a “creative endeavor.”  How about a “one-of-my-hobbies” article instead? :)

I also wanted to share some extra things I did this month in addition to the goals I shared above: completed 2 piano pieces, started hand-lettering on my cards, finished memorizing and quoting 1st Peter, made a bunch of wordless-book bracelets for an upcoming VBS, tried out another recipe, and began a new hymn arrangement!

April showers bring May flowers!

SUMMER 2016 GOALS
1: Do the Summer Ministry Challenge.  A post coming soon with more about this! :)
2: Memorize chapters from Romans/James.  This is in preparation for the 2016-2017 Bible quiz season which starts later in August.  Read my memorization tips here.
3: Pray for {a certain person} daily.  Just a person who I know that is going on an extended mission trip, but I won’t share names here for safety reasons.
4: Try out 2 new recipes.  Trying to get more used to cooking!  It’s something I’m gonna eventually need to know how to do!
5: Make 3 things.
6: Clean out my closet.  Hopefully this’ll happen for real soon :)
7: Fix clothing.  Going to try doing it this week!
8: Write out recipe cards.
9: Read a book on homemaking.  This was on my resolutions for 2016 so I want to take the initiative and read one this summer.
10: Read an article a week on a creative hobby.  It sounds more motivating to call it a “hobby” :)
11: Write a paper on Independence Day.  I did research and wrote a paper for President’s Day and learned a lot I didn’t know already, so I’m going to do it again on Independence Day.
12: Read for 30mn-1hr a day.
13: Finish writing a hymn arrangement.
14: Play 200 songs in our hymnal.
15: Learn a new hymn.
16: Continue learning guitar.  I’ve slacked on this and want to keep going soon.
17: Blog a DIY project.  I have a few in mind, so I SHOULD get this one done.
18: Tell 1+ person about my blog.
19: Take more pictures for blog posts.
20: Start a blog planner/schedule.  I think I need to organize my posts more, don’t you agree? ;)  Don’t want to leave you without posts for a whole month again!
21: Drink more water.  I am really bad at this.  I can get through a day only drinking a few cups, so I NEED to drink more!
22: Start running/jogging.   Part of my exercising goal I let slide for a while…

In addition to all of these, I would like to also do a guest post/interview on the blog, and continue working on writing entire books, and not just articles.

Delicious cookies!  These things were HUGE!!!

Are any of these on your list?
What are your summer goals and plans?
What types of blog posts would you like to see on the blog?


Please comment below – I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions!!

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing these! :D I so love reading about your goals and things you got done :) And I really want to start reading more each day too and drinking more water--I really need to work on that! :) Thank you for your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and in response to your question about what types of blog posts for the blog, I'd like to see something on your favorite Bible verses or something on friendship would be cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Bella - it always encourages me when you take the time to leave a comment! :) Yeah, drinking water really is a struggle! I know it is for me at least! It think part of that is because I've been slacking on my exercise goal too so there's no hard exercising making me thirsty :P
      Thank you SO much for the post ideas! Those are definitely 2 great ideas! I'll have to organize posts for those soon! :) Any more? Keep em' comin! :)

      Delete
    2. I can relate to that struggle too as I've been slacking on the same thing! ;) :P
      You're welcome! Awesome, I love seeing your blog posts! Hmm, I'll have to think of some more for you! Maybe one on courage or trusting in the Lord would be cool too! :)

      Delete
    3. Another great idea! :) That's something I'll never completely master though I'm sure! Always learning more to depend on God and trust Him with everything :) I don't have much courage either, but it's something I'm working on. Canvassing really helps ;)

      Delete
    4. Don't worry, I'll never master it either! ;) I think you have courage! It's not about not being afraid, it's about doing it anyway! And yeah look at the canvassing you're doing and the way you're stepping out of your comfort zone! :)

      Delete
    5. Yeah I guess the canvassing helped with courage :) Eek I have a ton of people to call tomorrow that we didn't get around to visiting! I should do a post on How To Make Phone Calls and Not Have a Panic Attack or something, lol! xD

      Delete
    6. Hahaha! xD Aww, but I know you can do it!! :D

      Delete
  3. Hey sour cream girl! This is minion lover! I haven't been able to look at thw blog for a while, but these are great ideas. Maybe you could do a post on what you learn about independance day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi minion lover!!! :D Glad you could visit the blog today! Ooh I'll have to see about doing a post on Independence Day in July. Thanks for the idea! :) Any more I'd love to hear!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!