Jesus, Thank You {Prayer}

Jesus, where do I even begin?  You’ve given me so much more than I need.  You are enough, precious Jesus; you alone are my heart’s desire.  But you’ve showered me with blessings.  Thank you, Jesus.  What else can I say?

Jesus, thank you.  Thank you for volleyball... ice cream… smiles and laughter… babies… godly older women... church… music… friends… sunshine… four square… children… harp strings… air conditioning… chicken and cheesy potatoes… tennis shoes… fast food and home-cooked meals… medicine… plants… nourishing rain… green grass… rich soil…  thunderstorms… walls and a roof around me… joy... Pinterest messages…

Lord Jesus, thank you for Mom.  Thank you for Dad.  Thank you for each of my siblings; for each of my sisters and brothers in Christ, too.  Thank you for my grandmas.  Thank you for my friends.  Thank you for those you have placed around me.  Thank you for those you have given me the opportunity to witness to.  Jesus, thank you.  What else do I say?

Thank you for picking me up when I fall… for forgiving me when I make mistakes… for loving me when I am bitter and rebellious… for your mercy and kindness that show no end.

Thank you, Christ Jesus, when you chasten me.  I can thank you because I know that you chasten because you love too deeply not to.  Thank you for humbling me when I need it.  Jesus, thank you for reproving me as a father does his son.

Thank you for drying my eyes when tears fall.  When I need comfort, you are my comforter.  When I’m depressed and discouraged, you encourage me and uphold me with your love.  Thank you for always being there.  I can trust you, Lord.   I can trust you because you have proved your faithfulness to me.  You have shown me your love, your grace, your forgiveness.

When men fail me, you remind me that you never will.  You can’t, Lord Jesus.  You defend me, you protect me, and you care for me.  You know me inside out, and yet in all my sin, you still love me.  You love me recklessly and devotedly.  You loved me so much you died for me.  You laid down your life for me.  Jesus, I’m speechless.  How could you love me so?  How could you love me that much?  How could you love me when I so often fail you?  Jesus, I can only thank you.  What else can I say?

Jesus, thank you.

I can’t say anything else, just, thank you.  For everything.



What are you thankful for today?

Comments

  1. This was beautiful. <3 Amen, thank You Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good!!! He has helped me so much when I dont derserve it!! He has truly picked me up into His loving arms!!! "Thank You, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was wonderful! I loved how you were thanking the Lord for random things in your life, I was doing the same thing the other day while I was riding in the car, I was rambling on in my head anything and everything that came to me and thanked the Lord for each thing!
    I like your blog, and cool name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to all three of your comments, ladies! :) God is so good!!

      Olivia, thank you for commenting! That's such a great way to use spare moments, like in the car - listing off your blessings, and thanking Jesus! I think that the more we are thankful and count our blessings, the more we also realize how much God has truly blessed us with!

      Delete
    2. So true! Yes, giving thanks in everything is very important!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!