My Goals // New Year's Resolutions // Mid-Year Evaluation

Hey y’all!  I thought I’d take a moment to evaluate my new year’s resolutions I made back in January, and share how I’m coming along with them.  It’s always a good idea to evaluate your resolutions every once in a while, so through my own personal evaluations over the past few months, several things have dropped from the list or made their way onto it.   Here’s a quick update on them.

Okay, so, I have a total of 42 goals on my New Year’s Resolutions list.  That may seem a lot to you, but at the beginning of this year a blogger I follow shared 150 goals she had made… so really, 42 is nothing :)

Out of those 42, I have accomplished 14 already.  I’m not as far along as I had hoped, but several of the goals take a while to complete.  Here are my completed ones:

-Read through the Psalms.  I did this and loved it!  So many passages I dearly love are found in the Psalms, and reading through the entire book was so wonderful!  I hope to go back and memorize many of the passages found there.
-Go on a mission trip.  Words cannot express the amazing time God gave me!  God truly blessed the time our group spent on our trip.
-Start a blog series.  Well, I started this series! ;)
-Improve on flute.  I believe I did.  I also came to the end of my flute journey and moved on to harp!  I do hope on keeping up with flute, though, and still using it for God’s glory in the ways He provides!
-Crochet a baby hat and
-Complete another crochet project.  This was a baby hat/booties set that a friend and I made.  They are so cute!! :)
-Write 3 hymn arrangements (1+ including two instruments).  I wrote a hymn/classical combination for piano and violin, as well as 2 piano solos.
-Practice lettering.  I have been able to start using my hand-lettering on my handmade cards.  I also accumulated many special pens/markers to add variety in color and thickness.
-Exercise.  I ditched the specific exercise goal that I made at the beginning of the year, and just left it as plain “exercise.”  I recently began playing volleyball, so I’m very excited about having a normal schedule of exercise now!
-Learn a difficult classical piece (piano).  I learned a Bach Invention, and those things aren’t easy!  I also learned that I really dislike Bach’s technical aspect! xD
-Start a Bible study.  I began 2 studies, actually!  Both have been very enjoyable and profitable.
-Make 25+ new cards.  I didn’t count, but I’m pretty sure I did this.
-Make a baby/bridal shower gift.  I combined this with my crochet goals, so I am counting the baby things as a baby shower gift.
-Try 2 new recipes.  I’ve actually tried at least 4, but two of the recipes were chocolate chip cookies and brownie batter dip.  Yes, I’m a chocoholic :)

Those didn’t really sound so hard, did they?  That’s why I made 42 goals instead of just a few ;)  Here are some that I have yet to complete, but hope to before the end of the year:

-Fill my prayer journal.  This goal was set to help me remember and try to use my prayer journal often.  I am almost there!
-Host a guest post.  I’m going to open it up… would any of my friends be willing to do one if I were to ask them?  I just want to hear if y’all would be interested in that type of thing.
-Interview someone.  There are plans (although, um, slightly forgotten ones…) in the making.  Forgetfulness is one of the reasons that a mid-year evaluation helps! :)
-Complete a sewing project.
-Find 100 new card ideas.  I am pinning ideas on Pinterest as I come to them.
-Read through Job.  This is one of the books of the Bible I’m actually not as familiar with, so I wanted to read through it again at least once this year.
-Complete 3 Pinterest projects.  I have 2 done already, so hopefully I’ll get this accomplished.
-Play every song in our hymnal.  I know I’ve played A LOT of them before, but I want to just go through and sight-read those I don’t know as well.

Okay, so those are the ones that I think are still very do-able.  If I complete those, than I will at least have half of my resolutions completed!

So, there you have it… that’s how I’m doing on my resolutions!

How are your resolutions coming?
What goals have you completed?
What goals do you hope to have completed soon?


Comment below!  I’d love to hear from you! :)

Comments

  1. This was so fun to look through! :) You're doing a great job!! Much better than me ;) My biggest new year resolution was to publish 2 more books and I published one already, and the second one is coming soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bella! I love your resolution ;) Almost there!! When is the release date?! :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks! :) I haven't set it just yet, but looking at late September or October ;)

      Delete
    3. So exciting!! Can't wait! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!