My Goals // October 2016 + Summer Review

Well y’all, it’s finally time to get back to my regular monthly goals!  We only have a few more months left before the year ends (wow, can you believe that?!) so I want to end strong and get some goals accomplished, and I encourage you to do the same!


Sadly, I did absolutely terrible on my summer goals.  I’m not even going to do an in-depth review of them because I did so bad... I guess this just is a reminder that God has different plans and things He has for me to learn and do, and that I need to be more diligent! :)  So, instead of reviewing the goals I made back at the beginning of the summer, I’m going to share with you the things I did do this summer, even though they weren’t on the list.  Okay, here we go…


Memorized Romans 3 and 6 – for the past 2 months of Bible quizzing, we’ve been studying Romans 1-7, and God gave me the ability to memorize the entirety of chapters 3 and 6.  I encourage you, go read and ponder them!
Summer Ministry Challenge – who did this with me?!  I would love to hear how it went!!  For the summer ministry challenge, I went on a mission trip, volunteered to help with 2 children’s ministries, visited several nursing homes, reached out to a lonely girl, shared my testimony/story, prayed for my country, and ministered in music in several different areas.
Told 1+ person about my blog – I believe I told 4 more people about my blog :)
Learned a new hymn – I learned several new hymns on the piano, as well as learning some in choir at my church.
Finished a hymn arrangement – I don’t remember what song this was to, but I checked it off my list a while ago so I guess I did it! :)
Went for a jog – yes, and as a matter of fact, I run/exercise multiple times a week now!
Started a book/Bible study – I begun a book study on James.
Began accompanying church congregational singing – this experience has been a very stressful and challenging one, but I’ve learned a lot and I’m thankful for the opportunity to get to do this.  It came with several surprises too… but thankfully I was able to tackle those! ;)
Started playing volleyball – YES!  This has been SO amazing and now I am a very big fan of indoor volleyball! :D  I have learned (and am still learning!) how to bump, set, spike, serve, dig, and lots more!


Okay, so those were some main things I accomplished over the summer.   Now here are some of my new goals for this coming month…


Read an article on photography.
Have a photography sessionI haven’t had one of these in so long!  I can’t wait to get back to my camera and do it again, especially with the beautiful fall colors! 
Try 2 new recipes.
Begin learning to face paintI am excited to begin learning this very fun skill! :)
Add more prelude music to my “Wedding Music” binder.
Start wrapping up wedding ceremonial piecesin case you’re wondering why I’m discussing wedding pieces… I am playing the piano in a wedding for the first time ever this winter! :D
Have consistent piano lessons with my siblings – I am teaching my siblings piano this fall, which promises to be a new exciting challenge and growing experience! ;)
Run a mile.
Drink more water – I really need to do this… exercising more with volleyball practices and games has increased my water intake, but I still have a long way to go.
Master overhand serve – one of the most important parts of volleyball is consistent serves.  I learned how to underhand, so my goal for this month is to learn how to overhand serve!
Complete a Scripture-writing plan.
Blog 5+ times.



Okay, there you have it… those are my goals for this coming month!  What are some of the things you accomplished this summer?  Did you do the summer ministry challenge?  What are your goals for this coming month/season?  I’d love to hear in the comments below!!



P.S. Do you enjoy these types of posts?  Do you have any suggestions?  Please let me know!

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your post! It was neat to see what you've done over the summer! I actually didn't know about the summer ministry program so I didn't do it... but how encredibly wonderful that you did! :D Hmmm... what did I accomplish this summer... I got on a Bible reading routine! I try to read it every night, although I may miss a day, I still try to! :D I'd have to think about what my goals are for this coming month or so!
    P.s. Did you get my letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Olivia! The summer ministry challenge was just something I created and encouraged my blog readers to do. You can go back into my archives to read about it if you'd like. That's great that you got on a Bible reading routine! Where are you in your reading now? Let me know if you create some goals for this month! ;)
      Yes, I did get your letter! Thank you so much, it was such a joy to read!! I'm so very sorry I haven't replied; I had a long letter written out, but I kept forgetting to mail it, so I'm going to write another, more up-to-date one now. Hopefully I'll get it written and sent this week! I'm sorry for keeping you waiting! :(

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sour Cream Girl! In my Bible currently I have been reading through the 4 Gospels, and I have made it to John! I think it's so wonderful reading the account of Jesus' life on earth from 4 different perspectives! Aww, that's okay! I totally understand! I'm just glad you really enjoyed it! Please take your time writing back, I don't mind!!
      Have a blessed day! :d

      Delete
    3. Oops, the emoji on the end was wrong, it was supposed to be a big smiley like this: :D

      Delete
    4. Ooh, so you've made it to John! ;) I love the book of John!! His writing is so unique from the synoptics.

      PS.A letter is on the way!! :D

      Delete
    5. That's neat! Oh, yay! I'm so excited to receive it! :D

      Delete
  2. Neat! That gives me some ideas to make my own list of goals! I don't think I've really ever done that before. You're really neat!

    - Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it inspired you to make your own list too!! It's a great way to keep yourself accountable and to keep track of how much you've accomplished!

      Delete
  3. I love when you do these posts! Great job! :) It's so fun to see what goals you have planned and what you've accomplished :) I need to be more diligent with my own goals ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy these posts, Bella! They're one of my favorite types of posts to organize :) And I love looking back to see what I've done, whether or not it was on my list or not! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!