Hebrews 13:3

Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
-- Hebrews 13:3, KJV




  Have you ever been in a prison, not knowing whether you will come out alive or not?  Have you ever been beaten and tortured simply because you own a Bible?

  If you’re reading this, your answer is probably “no.”  Here in America, we don’t really have to worry about being arrested for going to church or being killed because we witnessed to our neighbor.  We take these things for granted.  But on the other side of the world, there are hundreds of people who are persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ.

  The Bible commands us to remember those that are in bonds and those that suffer adversity.  We need to sympathize with them, pray for them, and encourage them however we can.  We need to live as if we are so unified with them, that it pains us, too.

  
  Today, how can you “remember” them which are being persecuted for their faith?

Comments

  1. This is good Grace and something we need to remember!! I pray for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! Yes, we definitely do need to remember them. Keep praying! <3

      Delete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)March 23, 2017 at 10:35 PM

    This was so wonderful! This goes right along with the VOM book "I am n" I am reading, as well as the VOM bookmarks I've been sending out! What inspired you to write this post? I always pray for them, we must stand with them! :D

    P.S. I got your letter, thanks so much! I'll reply soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I didn't know that this post echoed the VOM book! I have not read "I am n." Hmm... I don't know what inspired me to write this post. This is just a verse I really liked, and so I decided to post it :)
      Glad you got the letter! :)

      Delete
    2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)April 1, 2017 at 8:54 PM

      I wanted to tell you, Amazima is having another sale! Go check it out!!! :D

      Delete
    3. Thank you for letting me know, Livy! :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! Thank you so much for sharing :) We definitely need to remember never to take our freedoms for granted <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!