My Goals // March 2017 + Possible Blog Changes

Hey y’all!  It’s the beginning of a new month, so you guys know what that means! ;)  This time, however, I’m going to do something slightly different.  Instead of only reviewing last month’s goals and sharing my new goals for March, I’m going to also talk about some changes and things that might take place on this blog sometime in the near future.  Please remember to give your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!

February Review –

So, last month I only set 6 goals for myself.  Sadly, I didn’t complete any of them.  There were days that I stretched, spent time writing, and brainstormed for a guest post/interview post, but none of these things stayed consistent all month long.  I also tried a new recipe, but my goal was to try 2, so I didn’t complete that goal ;)


March Goals –

Ah, how I love making new goals! :)  My goals for March include:

-- Finish my 2 currently in-progress hymn arrangements
-- Play 100 hymns in the hymnal
-- Have a photo shoot
-- Add more photos to my “Photo” page on the blog
-- Begin a gratitude journal
-- Try 3 recipes

Specifically, in the area of recipes, I am hoping on making at least 1 type of chocolate chip cookie.  I would also like to try out a fudge recipe, and then a healthy, non-chocolate recipe, because I am WAY too obsessed with chocolate… :)


Possible Blog Name Change –

Lately I’ve been thinking of possibly changing the name of this blog.  My current blog name is “Sour Cream and Chips.” This was originally decided on because I absolutely loved tortilla chips dipped in sour cream, and I didn’t have any other fitting ideas for a blog name.  However, this name no longer fits me so well.  Although I still love sour cream and tortilla chips, I don’t eat them as much as I used to.  Plus, I always felt silly telling people my blog name was “Sour Cream and Chips.”

I’m proposing the new blog name “Grace Notes.”  There are multiple reasons this name fits so well.  For one, it is a musical term, and I love music.  Second, it has my name in it.  Third, the word “note” is a synonym for words such as comment, letter, message, etc.  So on this blog, I am essentially writing you a note!  And fourth, grace is something that we all need every day.  Although in my posts I try to encourage and challenge my readers, I also realize that we all fail.  If I want others to show me grace, I need to show them grace as well.  This blog is a place of grace (hey, that would make a good title too!).  Overall, I think that name “Grace Notes” fits me very well.  I don’t see this name wavering, as opposed to my current on-and-off obsession with sour cream ;)

Also, be aware that this change will not be immediate.  If I do change the name, it will probably not be for another few weeks at least.  The change may even wait until April, when I celebrate my 2nd blog-versary.  I am hoping on using my own photography for the blog background, so I will need to experiment with my camera a little bit to get a good selection of photos to choose from.  I will need to change the blog address as well.  I’m not quite sure if the simple name “gracenotes” is available, so I will probably need to figure out another blog address that is relative to the name “Grace Notes.”  Ideally, I want to be able to redirect you from the old address to the new one, but first I need to do a little research on how exactly to do that.

In the meantime, I would love to hear your thoughts on this possible name change!  Do you like this suggested blog name?  Why or why not?  Do you have any suggestions for the blog address?  Please comment below and let me know!  Your input is very helpful!


New Post Ideas –

I’m always looking for new post topics!  I want to know what my readers are interested in reading about from me.  Are there any post topics or series you would like for me to write?  If I were to do a Q and A, what questions (more general than personal, please) would you like answered?  Please comment below to let me know!



I hope you all have a splendid March!

Comments

  1. Wow--I am impressed with your March goals! Especially the "play 100 hymns in the hymnal" one. ;) I have found that playing hymns from the hymnal can take waaay longer than you might expect! xD I love the name "Grace Notes" and think it fits really well. :) and I like all the posts you do... I don't have any suggestions right now. :) Maybe I'll think of something later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I guess that playing 100 hymns this month does seem a little over the top, doesn't it? ;) But I've *almost* done it before, so I think I should be able to if I spend some time at it! My problem is, I like to play around with hymns and sort of arrange them, so it takes a long time xD

      Thank you for your feedback on the blog name change! It really is helpful!

      Delete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)March 2, 2017 at 4:55 PM

    I love the new name, it fits you absolutely perfect! Hmmm, post ideas... well, maybe you could to book reviews when you finish a great book, or Hymn overviews, or a how-to on the erhu, just some ideas off the top of my head!!

    Would the fudge recipe you want to try happen to be mine? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback and the post ideas! Those are great! I'll have to eventually do an erhu video ;)

      The recipe *may or may not* be yours... ;)

      Delete
  3. I really like the new name idea, it fits great! And if "gracenotes" doesn't work as an address, you could try "placeofgrace" or something like that ;). I think book reviews sound like an interesting post option ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elise! Yes, I will certainly have to do some book reviews ;)

      Delete
  4. Yay for March goals! (I can't believe I haven't noticed this post sooner!!) :D Love those goals! And I'm still sooo in love with your idea for a new blog name! :D It suits you perfectly :) I hope it works out for you! And you should totally do a Q&A! :) I'd love to hear your thoughts on modesty, serving our family, or anything else! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella! I'm looking forward to changing the blog name ;) And I definitely will have to do a Q and A at some point. I'll see if I can organize one soon! :) And if I forget, please remind me ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!