Currently: August

Starting… a “smash book.”  I’ve seen inspiration for these types of journals all over Pinterest, so I finally decided to begin my own.  Basically the idea is to take a journal and put random little things in it such as letters, Bible verse cards, short notes, stickers, and things like that.  Since I’ve started completely hand-lettering my cards, I have this collection of washi-tape that’s just been sitting in a basket unused.  Washi-tape is perfect for securing things in a smash book!  Not to mention that it adds color and cuteness all around.

Listening… to Each Day I Live by the Galkin Evangelistic Team.  So beautiful!

Eating… {Too much} ice cream.  When I mention refraining from eating ice cream for a month, you know I’ve eaten too much of it! :/  It’s doubtful whether or not I’ll carry through with my good intentions to last a month without ice cream though… ;)

Enjoying… cooler weather, finally!  I was outside a few evenings ago and marveled at how cool it was.  And today was just AMAZING!  It was like the most perfect temperature ever.  From a girl who has terrible seasonal allergies and feels like she’s suffocating in the summer weather, cooler temperatures are more-than-welcome!  Plus it motivates me to go outside more, which is something I definitely need.

Practicing… volleyball!  It was doubtful that I would be able to play this year, but God made a way and now I’m headed into my second season of volleyball!  This sport is amazing and so is my beautiful new blueberry of a ball.  I just love the blue color :)

Planning… to take on the challenge to hand-letter a different phrase each day this coming month.  I’ve never actually completed a monthly challenge, but there’s a first time for everything ;)

Reading… several new history and English books.  The English books I can handle.  The history… well, 1000 pages of tiny words is quite a task!  But God has given us the opportunity to learn about the intriguing history of our nation and see how He orchestrated it all.  How can we say no to learning about that?

Memorizing… Mark 6, for an upcoming Bible quiz.  It’s really interesting to see how differently Mark used his words in comparison to the other 3 gospel writers.  I’ve found that Mark in KJV doesn’t sound quite like I thought it would! ;)

Discovering… that E Major on the piano is actually a beautiful key, to be cherished and not dreaded.  I know, y’all – it took me quite a while to look past the daunting 4 sharps and figure this out.  Sure, it may take a little more work to learn something with 4 sharps, but it’s worth it!  *insert heart-eyes emoji*

Looking forward… to autumn!!  Fall is my favorite season of the year.  The leaves changing colors, the cool weather and chilling breezes, Thanksgiving, boots + scarves… Ah, how I love this season!



What’d your August look like?
*For my music friends: do you love or hate the key of E Major? ;)
Are you looking forward to the approaching season?  Do you have any favorite fall/Thanksgiving traditions?

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you made it onto a volley ball team! How's that going for you?
    Autumn is definitely my favorite season too! Yay for changing colors!
    And I don't think I'd be able to refrain from ice cream for a month... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, isn't that amazing that I ended up getting to play volleyball after all?? It has been a month since registration for this team closed, but my mom called just on Monday and they had a space left! Practices start tomorrow! :)
      Hahaha me neither -- I might die if I don't have ice cream for a whole month! xD But I guess we shall see how it goes. Like I said, there's a first time for everything! :P ;) haha!

      Delete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)August 30, 2017 at 4:40 PM

    I enjoyed this post! And, YAY that you got on the volleyball team! I know when you wrote to me you were so dissapointed for not making the team, but I am so happy that the Lord made a way for you! Your blue ball sounds pretty! I don't think I could ever go a month without ice cream, especially since our grocery store has soft serve for 25 cents a cone, haha! I am looking forward to Autumn, although I will miss summer. I love the nip in the fall air, but then it's followed by us getting burried in snow. ;( Haha!

    When I played piano, I always loved the hard chords, although I don't think I made it to the level of 4 sharps, hehe!

    For Thanksgiving, we decorate with our decorations that we store in a big cheese box, it's big and round and it's a tradition to take it out and decorate with it! Thanksgiving is rather far away though, hehe! :)

    Did you get my letter? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Livy! Haha, your seasons aren't like our seasons here ;) We get super hot in the summer and get a dusting of snow maybe once a year. The past 2 Christmases, it was 70 degrees :0
      Yeah, I know Thanksgiving is still pretty far... but I'm still looking forward to it :)
      And yes, I did get your letter! I already wrote a reply and if I can find a stamp I'll try to mail it before the end of the week ;)

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of a smash book. Sounds neat! I love your hand lettering!

    This August I started school, orchestra, and took a driver's ed. class (I passed the driving test, so now I can get my licence!).

    I love fall! It is my favorite season! These last few days of cool weather have been a dream!

    I really like the sound of E Major, and I don't mind playing it, but I don't like sight reading it!

    Sounds like you had a great month! Great post!

    P.S. do you think you could email me some tips on blog writing if you have time? I really like what you do, and I have no idea what I'm doing ;-). My email is abigail0415@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hear of a smash book until a year or two ago when it was mentioned on a blog I followed. But it's pretty cool :) And thanks!
      Yay, congrats on taking and passing your drivers ed test! *throws confetti*
      I KNOW, right?! These cool days are amazing!
      Ooh yay I'm glad you agree with me when it comes to E Major :) I don't necessarily care for sight-reading it either, but it definitely has a gorgeous sound.
      Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE “Each Day I Live”!!!! Congrats on volleyball!! :) And I agree with you on the dreaded key of E....I just recently have been discovering that it doesn’t need to be so dreaded. ;P I like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, definitely, we need to stop dreading poor E Major ;)

      Delete
  5. Love these posts as usual :) Thanks for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm memorizing Mark 6 for quiz too! I have 35 verses so far. As for the key of E Major, it isn't the easiest, but it's so pretty! I am NOT looking forward to fall, because I really don't like being cold. I do love Thanksgiving, though, so I guess I am looking forward to that. Fall also means that it's almost High school Festival... and I'm not ready, but still looking forward to it. :) Can't wait to see you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay, we're chapter buddies again! :)
      Ah, Joy, how can you not like fall?! xD It's wonderful! I love the cooler weather! :) And yes, the Festival is a huge highlight of the fall for me now too! I'm so not ready for it either... like, more un-ready than I should be at this point :/
      Yes! I can't wait to see you either!! :) <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!