My Goals // December 2017 + Special Announcement!

Hey y’all!  First off, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Our Thanksgiving was very non-traditional, but we had a great time making memories (and remembering some hilarious old ones) with family and friends.  And now, Thanksgiving is over and the glorious Christmas season is beginning!  Special church Christmas programs and Christmas parties are happening, decorations are going up, and Christmas music is resounding from every house.  I love this time of year!

I again took a break from goals in November, and I’m ready to bring them back again for December.  

Here are the things I hope on accomplishing this month…

Follow a Christmas reading/writing plan.
Make 2 yummy Christmas goodies.
Take a photo each day.
Write New Year’s goals.
Make + write + send out Christmas cards and gifts.
Finish a hymn arrangement.
Give someone a gift (that I otherwise wouldn’t give one to).

Now, I know a few of you might be curious as to what the “special announcement” is, so let me just cut to the chase and elaborate afterwards… :)

*Drum roll*

I have a YouTube channel!

Girls, I am SO EXCITED about this!!  This is a dream come true and I am thrilled.  On this channel, I will primarily be sharing videos of piano pieces I have/am/will play, with maybe some instrumental/vocal/ensembles thrown in as well.  We'll have to see :)

Video #1 has been posted already on the channel.  The channel name is Grace Notes (but of course!) and the profile photo is of piano keys.  (The ‘Yamaha’ sign on the inside of the piano lid is also showing.)  My background photo is of pink cherry tree blossoms.  The video I have posted is a performance of Claude Debussy’s Clair de Lune.  This link should take you straight to my channel.  (And of course make sure to subscribe while you’re there!! ;)

I am excited about this new avenue I have for sharing my gifts, and it is my prayer that God would be glorified and others would be blessed through the music I share.

Did you visit my channel, like the video, or subscribe?  I’d love to hear if you did!
What is your favorite Christmas piece?

Comments

  1. I can't believe we're already at the end of November! Life is going sooooo fast!
    Those are awesome goals! Especially setting goals for the New Year... I want to do that too. And I have a few arrangements that I would like to work on, but with so much school, they probably won't get done until next year some time. (:
    Yay! How exciting that you got a youtube channel!!! I didn't subscribe or like it or anything because I don't have a youtube account... Do you need one to like or comment??? I don't honestly know very much about youtube, haha!
    The piece you performed was AMAZING! You're super talented! I wish I could play that well!!! And I love that song - so pretty. Looking forwards to more videos! I'll definitely keep checking your channel! (:
    My favorite Christmas piece... Maybe "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" or "Ring Christmas Bells", or maybe "Humble Baby Born So Low", a song I wrote and arranged and that we performed last year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right??! This year has just flown past!
      I really hope you get to work on your arrangements soon!! Maybe over Christmas break? :)
      I'm actually not sure how commenting/subscribing/etc. works on YouTube for someone who doesn't have an account, although I'm guessing you probably need an account to do any of those things ;) That's fine though. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Thank you so much for your compliments <3 And I'll let you know whenever I post a new video, so you don't have to keep checking back randomly ;)
      Those are great Christmas hymn favorites!

      Delete
  2. I liked your video, subscribed, and left a comment! Congratulations, Grace!

    Those sound like fun December goals too, by the way! :)

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lily! Annndd I noticed that you now have a channel too!? That's awesome!! I subscribed :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your YouTube channel!!! I subscribed and liked your video. I can't wait to see new ones published!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPPEEEEEE!! Congratulations, beautiful friend, on starting your YouTube channel! <3 I am SO thrilled! You are one of the most beautiful, amazing pianists I've ever heard play and I am so excited to see the videos you post :) And yay for your goals too! I have two many goals to complete haha xP but one of them is definitely doing a Christmas and a New Years youtube video ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bella. You're so sweet! Thank you for all of your support <3 You're such a blessing to me! And YAY about your YouTube video goals for this month!! ;)

      Delete
  5. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)December 6, 2017 at 6:00 PM

    Oh my, I'm so excited! I just went and subscribed and I can't wait to watch the video later, I can finally hear your talented self! Yay! And I loved your goals too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia! I hope you enjoy the video. Thank you for subscribing to my channel!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!