Currently: Since the New Year

It occurred to me that I haven’t done a Currently post since last year, 2018!  Of course, that needed to be changed! :)  Enjoy this looooong post, full of photos and blurbs about what’s been happening in my life so far in 2019!


Where to start?  Weather is always a good place!  This would be a very accurate representation of our weather right now. :)







So many beautiful cheery blossoms!  One of my most favorite parts of spring.


Ah yes, the turkeys.  Ever faithful to greet us from the field across from church. :)


Curls, braids, buns… I love playing around with my hair!






Unleashing my inner Merida! (Also called, “Brave hair.”) :)

I’ve experimented with curling my hair by braids for years, and I think I finally got the technique spot-on!  Would anyone be interested in seeing hair tutorials in the future?


Ice cream.  But of course! :)



Have you ever seen a lacrosse match?  They’re pretty neat!  I mean, seriously, who doesn’t want to run across a field, beating people up with sticks?! ;) Enjoyed watching a friend’s game recently… my brother did not appreciate this attempt at a selfie, obviously.


Some of my younger siblings recently participated in a Bible Quiz tournament on a junior-high level.  My mom and I decided to stay for the afternoon to watch the senior high championship after our middle school team got eliminated and went home.  Well, unbeknownst to us, 3 of our quizzers were receiving medals for their individual ranking.  I walked out with 3 medals around my neck.  I was the most decorated quizzer, and I didn’t even quiz! ;)


Mom had cleaned out the fridge.  I think we literally were left with yogurt, cream cheese, and butter.  And that was about it.


My green skirt!  $1 at the thrift store.  I don’t wear a lot of green, although in general it’s pretty flattering on red-heads.  Whether this green is “flattering” or not, I’ll let you judge. ;)  But seriously, for just $1, what did I have to lose?!  I also bought a beautiful navy lace dress for less than $6 that same day, which is now the fanciest thing I own.  Thrift stores for the win!


When I got my ears pierced at the end of December, I told my mother, “I’m just glad it’s over with and I never have to do it again!”  Well, of course I was wrong.  Hopefully round two will be more successful… :(




I did a couple card orders in February.  Here are some favorites.



I did something absolutely crazy.  I auditioned for a musical with less than 48-hours to prepare.  I arranged and recorded an accompaniment to a Disney song, which I sang to by memory, and then prepared a short, memorized monologue.  I've sung only 2 solos in my life, both for only very small groups, and I've never even done a monologue before.  It was definitely an adventure!  I would encourage you, do something crazy that pushes you out of your comfort zone!  I'm no actress, and I didn't even get a part, yet I had SO MUCH FUN!


I’ve said before that the only thing I hate about playing a million different instruments is that I can’t play them all at once. :)  Well, let me say that no more!  I wrote this arrangement using 8 tracks – 2 guitar, 2 vocal, 3 viola, and 1 flute.  I’ve never done anything of this sort before, and I was giddy to see the end product.  I took it up a notch and attempted videography for it.  I used my iPhone, so the quality sort of stinks, but at least now I know I can do it!



Do you have any suggestions for an older hymn you’d like to see freshened by a multi-instrumental arrangement?  Let me know below!  I’d love to consider arranging your favorite hymn.

And while you're at it, I've also posted a piano arrangement to How Far I'll Go (from Disney's Moana) that you may want to check out!




What sort of things have been filling your 2019?  What are your goals and plans for April?

Comments

  1. I love these posts! They're so much fun! Also you're YouTube videos are awesome! ;) My April is filled mostly with music stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! Music stuff is always good! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!