Finish Strong

Yesterday I took my Spanish final exam.  A full year of duel enrollment, DONE.  This past year I have completed all the foreign language requirements for both high school and college; I never have to take Spanish again to graduate.  It’s been a long, hard semester, and I can hardly believe it’s finished.  I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn another language and for the many growing experiences that have come along the way.

Of all the accomplishments I’ve had so far in my education, completing 2 semesters of Spanish on a college level is the best yet.  (Finishing Algebra 1 came pretty close, though…)  There’s nothing like the satisfaction that comes with finishing something in entirety and seeing the fruit of your labor.  Now I can communicate some – as well as pray – in Spanish!

Nothing excellent comes without hard work.  No matter where you are in life, you will have the opportunity to work hard.  Will you finish strong?  Will you run the race with endurance? 

A couple weeks ago, I drove through a torrential downpour for about 20 minutes straight.  I almost pulled over in a parking lot to wait the storm out, but I knew I had to get to school, so I kept going.  I was still driving with my windshield wipers on full blast (like, about-ready-to-fly-off speed) when I finally saw the sun and sky glistening on the horizon.  I breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed.

Blue skies at last!

It can be challenging to press onward when your horizon is empty; when you drive through a storm and can’t see a break in the clouds for miles.  It can be discouraging at times.  Take heart!  The end is coming, even if you can’t see it there.  Keep on going.  Give your best.  Work hard.  Finish strong.

Comments

  1. Wow, that so awesome, Grace! Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!