Card Inspiration // Boldness // PLUS Autumn Thankfulness Challenge Update #2

Hey!  Sorry I missed blogging Monday… I never got around to it, but hopefully I’ll get back into the swing of things starting now! :)  So because I didn’t prepare a post (again) for today, here’s another card, and my list for this week…


With this card, I combined some texture and large circles to create a very bold affect.  I’ve just really been enjoying trying new things lately!

And, the rickrack is not just green, it’s fuzzy too.  That’s what makes the texture.  It was quite hard to keep the rickrack from twisting, and also to keep it glued to the card, but I think I got it!  What do you think of it?

Okay, I’m going to tell you this just to make you laugh… but I actually do not really like the color orange!  I know you probably don’t believe me, but really, I don’t!  Just recently I’ve entered into this stage where I just love color… now when I go to the store I go for the skirt section and try to find a skirt in a bright color.  The result of that has given me one of my favorite skirts – it’s bright yellow!  This is also why I colored by blog orange with hints of teal.  And I actually kinda like it!  What do you think?  I encourage you, if you have never tried adding bold into your life, branch out and find something new and colorful!  It’s just so refreshing!


I hope you enjoyed the card, but I’m not done yet! :)  Now onto my thankfulness list for the week!

10/1shelter – I know this is a “big” thing, but how often do we take that for granted too?
10/2sour cream – I should have put this first on my list, but after being without sour cream for a few days, I’m sincerely thankful for it :)
10/3chocolate cheesecake – last week my mom brought home 3 or 4 small chocolate cheesecakes she had found for a great price at a store.  Oh, the deliciousness!
10/4music – those of you who know me, or even by reading this blog and my about page, know that I am crazy about music.  I hope to one day teach piano, and arrange hymns for piano and maybe other instruments as well!  Music is a huge part in my life.  I am so thankful for it!
10/5that God is strong – and I am weak.  Let’s give God the glory, because we can live for Him only through His strength!
10/6ice cream – Moose Tracks ice cream is THE. BEST. EVER.  If you haven’t tried it, you need to.   There is some in my freezer right now… I’m going to have to break it open soon :)
10/7bobby pins – just Tuesday I donated 8 inches of my hair… and that was pretty much all the hair I had.  So now I have this really short bob that I can’t really put in a ponytail.  So bobby pins are my best friends right now.


Okay, I got to go teach a sib how to a cartwheel now.  So bye for now! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!