Card Inspiration // For the Horse Lover

Hey y’all!  Wow, it has been SO long since I have done a card inspiration post, hasn’t it?!  I’ve been meaning to do a card post all summer, and I kept putting it off; partly because of procrastination, partly because I haven’t taken pictures, and partly because I don’t have cards to take photos of!  But hopefully this post will be the beginning of the end of that! ;)  I’m eager to jump back into card-making mode, and start posting card posts once again for your inspiration :)

In the past few months, I’ve had several friends rediscover my old card posts in the blog archives, and bring up to me how they were so excited to find them and encouraged me to do more.  So, my friends… this is for you! ;)

This past week one of my sisters had a birthday.  Being the horse-crazy person she is, I tried to make her birthday cards a western/horse-lover theme.  I came up with 2 cards I thought fit the bill, but I was a little clueless on the third one so I ditched the horse/western theme on that one :)  

~




Western-ish card #1 has a more rustic, cowboy feel, with the green, brown, and wood-patterned papers.  So, OK, it's not really that western-ish... but whatever :) I lettered the “happy birthday” with a green pen/marker.

One of my favorite things about this card is how it could be used for either a boy or a girl.  And plus, inspiration for handmade masculine cards can be pretty difficult to come up with sometimes!




Western-ish card #2 definitely suits my sister!  She is horse-crazy hands down, but she’s still a small part girly-girl.  This card suited her perfectly, I thought :)




And here is card #3… the not-so-western-ish one.  I had these super fun birthday stickers that I wanted to put into use, so I just made this one fresh and colorful, and added the “celebrate” sticker.  It was probably the easiest card in the world to make, but I like it nonetheless.

~

Okay, well that’s it!  I hope y’all got some inspiration and ideas from this post to help you make your own unique cards!  And especially to my friends who asked me about the card posts… I hope you enjoyed this post a ton ;)

Do you make your own handmade cards?
Which was your favorite of these three?
What are your favorite card-making supplies and tips?
Do you enjoy the “card inspiration” posts?


Happy card-making!

Comments

  1. I loved seeing this so much! Yes! I have loved your old card posts, and am so excited that you are doing them again! I do very much enjoy making handmade cards, I took pictures that I'm going to email you soon! My favorite cad of the 3 was the one with the horse, but the other two are both very neat and unique! I really hope your sister likes it

    My favorite card making supplies are foam squares to make pop-up cards, and these super great glitter gel pens that make really nice borders and such! Do you have any of those? I found them once at the Dollar Tree, but then it took me almost a year to find them again (meaning the gel pens)!

    I really enjoy your "card inspiration" posts and I look forward to more! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post!! Yes please, I'd LOVE to see pictures of yours too!! ;)
      I have actually do not have either of those supplies! xD I will have to look into them!
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Great job! :) This was fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!