December Photo Challenge

Hey y’all!  Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is around the bend!  And this coming month I’ve decided that I’m going to do a photo challenge… for real.  I have wanted to do this for SO long, and didn’t want to end the year without trying it out!  I figured that December would be the best time anyway, since there are ever so many lovely Christmas details to photograph!   So I have created my own photo list for the 31 days of December, and I’d like to share it with you!

This challenge would be especially good to try with a nice expensive camera that has millions of confusing buttons and settings and all that stuff, but even if you have just an iPhone, feel free to join me and snap away!  (And just a short note for y’all with the iPhones: don’t worry.  I’ll probably be starting the month out with an iPhone camera too.)  And no matter what camera you have, the most important thing is, JUST TAKE THE PICTURE! :)

Okay, here is my photo list.  Feel free to ignore their order if you’d like, and jump around as much as you want to!  Just check them off as you do them.  And if you chose to follow the list and go in order, I’ve included a few “anything!” days so you can add in some unique, personal creativity!


1 – Red
2 – Books
3 – Red + White
4 – Wrapping
5 – Nativity Scene
6 – Outside
7 – Anything!
8 – Cold
9 – Cozy
10 – Gold
11 – Ornament
12 – Sky
13 – Joy
14 – Lights
15 – Hot Beverage
16 – Anything!
17 – Decorations
18 – Green
19 – Music
20 – Stockings
21 – Cards
22 – Words
23 – Tree
24 – Anything!
25 – Everything! :)
26 – Gifts
27 – Sweets
28 – Outside
29 – Angle
30 – Gold
31 – Last Picture of the year


So that's the list!  As you might see, there are 2 “outsides” and 2 “golds.”  That was actually on accident, but I chose to keep them anyway.  Just make sure you don’t photograph the same gold thing, or photograph outside from the same place :)

This is a winter photo I took last year in the snow.
There's no particular point of focus, but I loved the colors!

I’m excited to get started on this challenge!  Hopefully sometime in January I will get around to posting the photos I took!


Will you be joining me in this challenge?
Do you enjoy photography?

What would you change on this list?

Comments

  1. What an awesome idea!!!

    I will try to do it with you! I love to do photography!! If I end up missing a day, could I take two pictures the next day??

    I wouldn't change anything about your list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for wanting to do it with me, Olivia! And yes, you can definitely catch up if you miss a day! I'm pretty sure that there'll be some days where I just don't get around to doing it, so I've got a lot of grace for missed days ;)

      Delete
  2. This sounds awesome! I will definitely try to do it with you! :) I love taking pictures, especially with my iPhone ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bella! I can't wait to get started!! :D iPhone cameras are the best sometimes because usually they're the closest camera around xD If you do the challenge please text/email me some of the photos you take!! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes I certainly will! :) And you send me some of yours please! :D

      Delete
    3. Yay!! I will hopefully be posting mine on the blog in January so everyone can see them :) Tomorrow we start! I can't believe it's December all ready!!

      Delete
  3. I might tell my sister about this:D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, please do!! Photography is so much fun! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!