1 Peter 3:15

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15, KJV




  When was the last time you read a book like Answers in Genesis (Ken Ham) or The Case for Christ (Lee Strobel)?  When was the last time you took sermon notes or even listened to a sermon outside of your regular Sunday church services?  When was the last time you looked up a term on Bible Gateway, read an article on a controversial issue, or opened up a commentary?

  My point is, are you a faithful studier of God’s Word?  I don’t just mean a reader, a listener, or even a memorizer.  I mean a studier; someone who digs deep into God’s Word to find out what it really means.

  Today in our culture, everything is so undefined.  Even people in spiritual authority don’t like confronting issues such as head coverings, appropriate attire for church, and the motive behind fun youth “outreaches.”  But it is crucial to find out how the Bible effects our beliefs on these topics!


  The Bible says that we need to be ready always to answer people when they question our beliefs.  Today, how will you prepare to give an answer?


Comments

  1. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)February 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM

    Wow! This was powerful, and very true! I'm enjoying your spiritual posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Livy! I'm glad you're enjoying these kind of posts. They're probably my favorite to write because I get to share my heart on a spiritual level.

      Delete
  2. I love digging into the meaning of things, especially the Bible, but sometimes I get distracted by other things and the time slips by too fast. This was a great reminder for me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I really like the flower pictures ;P

      Delete
    2. I agree; isn't it so exciting to search up things from the Bible?! You learn so many things! I once heard a sermon on Pharaoh's daughter finding Moses, and I learned SO much from it. It's so neat to learn about these things, and then see how it all makes sense in the bigger picture!

      And I'm glad you like the flower pictures ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I'm loving these posts you're doing :)They're awesome! Very thought-provoking :) Keep it up <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!