Amazima Ministries Jewelry Sale!

Hey y’all!  So, most of you already know that my favorite book is Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis ;)  This was the book that I believe God used to burden my heart for Africa; so naturally, it is very special to me.  It changed my life!  And not only has Katie changed lives through her book, but she has also changed the lives of countless others through Amazima Ministries, a non-profit organization she began.


Amazima Ministries does a lot of things.  They provide jobs for those who need them.  They provide medical care, food, and schooling for those that would otherwise have to go without.  In fact, in just a few days they are going to be opening up their brand new Amazima School!

One of the job opportunities Amazima provides for African women is to make paper bead jewelry.  A group of ladies are able to provide for their families by making these beautiful pieces of jewelry.  These necklaces, bracelets, and earrings are then shipped to the United States, where people like you and me can purchase them!  

And you know what’s awesome?  The Amazima Store is having a huge sail on their jewelry RIGHT NOW! Everything is 50-75% off!  I was super excited when I heard about the sale, and even more excited when I saw that some of the jewelry I had been eyeing were less than 5 dollars!  So of course, I HAD to buy some :)

The jewelry pieces I chose were the Original Bracelet ($3.75) and the Original Necklace (also $3.75).  The shipping was about 5 dollars.  My jewelry arrived (carefully packaged in adorable burlap bags) within a week of placing my order.  I was thrilled!  Later on, my mom placed another order for the slate-colored Agnes Necklace, as well as a second Original Bracelet and Original Necklace.

I absolutely LOVE my new jewelry!  I love that they are handmade in Africa, support hardworking Ugandan women, and are so awesome anyway :)  The Original jewelry I bought was all multi-colored, and it really adds some fun color to an outfit!  The only thing about the Original Necklace that I didn’t care for was that it is a bit stiff.  But, having made paper-bead jewelry before myself, I understood this.  And the necklace is still so fun to wear, although I do hope that it will lose some of its stiffness as time goes on ;)

And then, there was the Agnes Necklace.   Girls, THIS NECKLACE!  It’s amazing!  I could not be happier with it.  The small beads are strung on elastic, and the slate color is so pretty.  Unsurprisingly, this necklace quickly made it to my “favorites” list.  I love, love, love this simply gorgeous piece of jewelry!

Another thing I love about my pieces of jewelry is how versatile they are.  I had so much fun experimenting with them and coming up with new ways to wear them!  I also had a lot of fun modeling them for these photos :)


The Original Bracelet


 (Idea: put your hair in a messy bun and wrap bracelet around the bun)

The Original Necklace

Loop it twice

Loop it three times

Two Necklaces. Loop one twice, and loop the other three times

Headband/Necklace


(To do the headband/necklace combo, loop the necklace twice, and then slide one of the loops up onto your head.  Pull the necklace strand to tighten the headband)

The Agnes Necklace, slate


Loop it twice

Loop it three times

Loop it four times (choker)

Bracelet
Necklace/Headband

Headband

Don’t they make you want to just go and by them all?!  They definitely make me want to!

I want to encourage you to go check out their selection and consider buying something!  You really can’t beat the prices.  But if you are interested in buying something, don’t wait!  The sale only lasts until Monday, 2/14/17!  So check it out today!!  The store web address is www.amazimastore.org.

I really can’t rave about Amazima Ministries enough.  Their ministry is incredible, and they really strive to show God’s love.  Please check out www.amazima.org to learn more about the impact Amazima Ministries is making for the Lord!

Also, one last thing: if you don’t have a copy of Kisses from Katie, please go buy it!  You can find her book at the Amazima Store.



Have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Yay! Super exciting! :D Love your passion for this ministry! :) Thank you for sharing about this! The pictures are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jewelry is beautiful! Great pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!! Sounds like a great ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)February 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM

    OH MY GUMDROPS!! I'm reading Kisses from Katie right now, and it's so inspiring and wonderful!!! I just went to the site and put 3 things in the cart, the last day too!! AHHH! I loved the jewelry, and now I can get some!!! YAYAY! Thanks so much for telling me about it!!

    And thanks so much for telling me about the book, it's been such a blessing to me, and I know why it's your favorite book!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you saw this post -- I was afraid that you wouldn't in time! What jewelry did you get? :) So glad that the book is a blessing to you! Happy Valentines Day! <3

      Delete
    2. I got an Original Necklace, An Agnes Necklace, and an Original Bracelet! The bracelet is mulit-colored, and the necklaces I got one teal and one maroon!!

      The ones you bought are pretty! :D

      Happy Valentines Day to you too, love you! :D

      Delete
  5. Amazima Ministries has a special place in my heart as well. I read "Kisses from Katie" and my life really changed!! I was so inspired by Katie and have always wanted to purchase something from their store. As of now i still haven't bought anything from them, but i did purchase a bracelet from a friend who was selling them through Life Beads as a fundraiser for her trip to Uganda. I just *love* it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much for visiting my blog and commenting, Tashia!! :)
      Oh yes, I remember when you did the book review on Kisses from Katie on your blog! ;) God is definitely using that book to change so many peoples' lives and hearts for His glory!
      Ah yes, I know the blogger who did the Life Beads fundraiser! Her blog is one of my favorites :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!