2nd Blog-versary Q+A Answers!

Hey y’all!  It’s finally time to release my answers for my blog-versary Q+A!   I want to thank each of you girls that sent in questions; you gave me some great ones and I had tons of fun answering them!  I was also nervous about not getting very many questions, but y’all took care of that nicely :)  Thank you so, so much!  And without further ado, here are my answers! :)


Have you decided on a new blog name?
:)

Do you like to listen to classical music at all?
I like listening to classical music when I have some sort of connection to it (like I’ve heard it before, played it myself, etc.).  That’s when I really appreciate and understand the music.  But honestly, even though I like the idea of listening to classical music, I don’t do much of it.  That is something I hope to fix in the future though!

Do you all have any pets?
We have 2 dogs, 4 cats, and a bunny.  We also have lots of chickens, but we don’t exactly consider them pets ;)

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot cocoa best?
Definitely hot cocoa!

What is your favorite movie and/or TV show?
I’m not the biggest movie fan, but one of my favorites is “Facing the Giants.”

Do you like reading others’ blogs as much as you like blogging yourself?
Depends on the blog, I guess :)  But I like both.

If you could only say three sentences for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Wow… that’s so hard!  Well, if I was dying, I guess it would be a prayer.  I would express my love and thankfulness to Jesus, and my excitement for seeing Him soon.  I would also probably pray that He would be glorified in my life, and to give me peace.

What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
Chocolate chip – basic is best! :)

Do you remember your dreams when you wake up?  Right away?  Or a while later?
I usually remember them RIGHT away, and then forget them a few seconds later.

What are (some of) your favorite Bible verses?
See this post.  Also, I have a few listed on my about page.

What’s your favorite Veggietales movie?
Movie-wise, I like both Jonah and The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything ;)  For the shorter episode-type ones, I like Esther.  But I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten a lot of titles that I used to love ;)

Would you rather fly in an airplane or ride a boat?
Fly in an airplane.  I’d rather be way above the water instead of just slightly above the water.  Besides, I think I would freak out if a storm arose while I was on a boat.

What’s your favorite part about blogging?
Blog design, writing the posts, and seeing all your lovely comments! :)

What’s the hardest part about blogging?
Coming up with new post ideas, and when I can’t figure out how to get Blogger to do the things I want to the blog design.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be, and with who?
Hmm, I haven’t thought much about that one… but since I love this place so much, I’ll just say: Africa.  And I’ll take you with me, Bella :)

What’s something God is currently teaching you?
To cherish every moment, especially the ones with mundane tasks; washing the dishes or pouring milk for a sibling are super easy situations in which we can use to glorify God.  Really, it’s pathetic if we choose to have a bad attitude about those things.  They’re such simple, obvious, and easy ways to serve the Lord!

What is your biggest advice to newer bloggers?
I’ve seen blogs where the blogger only posted once or twice over a really long period of time.  Although I for one am not a good example at keeping a blogging schedule, I would suggest blogging a couple times a month at least.  That way, you’re more apt to keep your readers coming back for more.

What made you first want to start your blog?
The blog Fresh Modesty first inspired me to start my blog.  It was one of the first blogs I read, and I thought that a fashion blog was such a good idea!  I obviously don’t do fashion on this blog, but perhaps in the future I may.  We’ll see.

If you could speak any other language in the world, what would you speak?
I’m not super excited to learn a language or anything, but Japanese would be cool!  Spanish would also be nice, because I know a few people I could talk with in Spanish.

When did you first start learning music?
I began piano about 5-6 years ago, I took flute for 3 years, and I took harp lessons last summer.  I’ve been learning erhu on my own since Christmas.  As far as voice goes, I’ve only sang in our church choir since the summer.  I’m not fantastic at singing or anything though.

How tall are you?
I’m not sure exactly, but I’m thinking 5’4.  I’m slightly taller than my mom, who is 5’3.

What is your favorite book ever?
Other than the Bible, Kisses from Katie :)

What is your favorite book of the Bible?
I love James, Philippians, and the Psalms.  But they’re all wonderful!

What is your favorite meal?
Tacos!  With Moose Tracks ice cream for dessert! :)

What chores are you assigned to do at home?
My “official” chores are to clean the hall bathroom, and to clean the piano room (including dusting/cleaning the piano).  I also do a lot with my little sister, so when I’m watching her, I take care of things like getting her dressed, pouring her milk, etc.  We alternate dish-duty here, so when it’s my dish-month, then I also do the dishes.

Do you like to smell soap?
Yes :P

What’s your favorite season?
Fall.

Does your family eat organic?
We try to.

Do you have a woodstove for heating?
Yes.

Do you like wearing pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, or what?
Although I like wearing jeans, I have more skirts in my wardrobe, so I’m trying to wear them more.  I especially like denim skirts. I’m wearing one right now, in fact!  As for shorts, they would have to be knee-length, but I rarely wear them.  I do like dresses as well, although I don’t wear them that often either.

Do you like to paint?
I like the idea of painting, but I don’t actually do it.  That is something I would love to learn how to do, however!

Is there any wildlife around your place?
We have coyotes, beavers (we live by a large pond), and perhaps bears, although I’ve never seen one.  We have woods behind our house, so we have lots of creatures such as you would find in a wooded place.  We see deer around here pretty frequently.  And turkeys, although they aren’t exactly wild… my dad’s cousin lives around the corner from us and he feeds them (true story).  We have also seen a few peacocks around here before; that was pretty exciting!  I think they hung around with the cousin-fed turkeys… ;)

Do you ever watch YouTube?
Not much.  There are one or two channels I enjoy videos from, but I mainly use YouTube for listening to music.

Do you have any hobbies other than music?
I enjoy playing volleyball, hand-lettering, thrift shopping, and photography.  But music is definitely my thing ;)

What is one random fact about you that you would like to share?
If I brush my hair too vigorously and I hit a tangle, it makes me sneeze.


Okay, so that’s it!  I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better through this Q+A.  I definitely had fun!


And by the way, my blog-versary was actually yesterday; however, since it was Resurrection Sunday, I wanted to hold off on posting this for another day.  Anyway, thank you all so much for your support of my blogging this past year.  You wouldn’t believe how excited I get when I see that I have a new comment on one of my posts… seriously, it just makes my day.  Thanks girls! :)

How was your Resurrection Sunday?
Which of these answers surprised you most? ;)

Comments

  1. Yay!! This was so fun to read! :D you did awesome! :) And happy blog-versary!! Congrats! So proud of you and this blog, it's one of my favorites ;) And I'm glad you want to go to Africa and take me with you! ;D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)April 18, 2017 at 6:28 PM

      You'd better take me to Africa with you too!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Bella! I can't believe it's been 2 years! Aww, thanks for saying that! I'm glad you enjoy my blog :)
      Hahaha I should just bring all my friends with me xD

      Delete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)April 18, 2017 at 6:31 PM

    This was so interesting! It was so neat to hear all about you! The answer that surprised me most was how you sneeze when you hit a hair tangle, that must be interesting, haha! ;) My Resurrection Sunday was delightful, how was yours? I'll be replying to your letter soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very interesting that I sneeze when I brush a tangle too hard! I must have weird nerves xD I've told several people, thinking that maybe it's somewhat normal, but nope... definitely not the norm!
      My Resurrection Sunday was wonderful! Praise the One Who lives!! I'll tell you more about it in my next letter :)

      Delete
  3. The one about sneezing surprised me most-- I've never heard of that happening to someone! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a super fun post to read as I was checking out your blog! (Since you've left such lovely comments on mine! :) I am totally a music lover as well, piano is my therapy. If I'm stressed out, extra happy, or just plain bored, you will be pretty sure to find me at the piano. ;) I look forward to following your blog...the layout on here is awesome, I may have to ask you for some pointers sometime!! ;D ~~Mykaela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mykaela! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! And I appreciate your sweet comment -- comments always make me super happy! :) Oh yes, piano is definitely my idea of therapy! It calms me down, especially when I'm upset or frustrated. My parents tease that whereas most parents have to tell their children to practice... they have to tell me to STOP practicing! :)
      Thank you again for stopping by! I hope you enjoy what you read here!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!