My Favorite Bible Verses

Hey y’all!   I recently had a suggestion from a friend about doing a blog post on my favorite Bible verses, and I thought it was a GREAT idea so… here’s this post for you gals!  I am hesitant to say these are my “favorite” Bible verses, because honestly, all of them are God-given and SO great! :)  But if I had to pick some of the most-loved, most-pondered verses in my life, these would be on the list!  So, I hope you enjoy!  And DON’T FORGET to comment below and tell me what YOUR favorite verses are! :)


Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

Philippians 3:7-8
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ.

Matthew 5:13
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Matthew 10:38-39
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.  He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 23:12
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased: and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

2 Corinthians 12:9a
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Ephesians 5:16
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.


Those are just a few verses that really have impacted me.  God is always giving me new verses to ponder and challenge and encourage me, and I am sure that in several years this list will look different!  My “favorite” verses are whatever God places in my heart at any given time, and at this time, these are the verses.  Most of these are well known and we’ve known them since we’re children, but they are gems of wisdom that still have overflowing sweetness to me each time I read them.

What are your favorite verses?  Are any of these on your list of favorites?


A special thank-you to Bella for the idea of this post!! :D

Comments

  1. Cool! They are nice verses;-) I like John 15:16!! And Hebrews 13: 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love those too! I think I remember what they say, but I'm gonna double check and make sure I am thinking of the right verses ;) Thank you for commenting!!

      Delete
    2. Yes they are! The verse i was meaning was 13:6 tho 8 is good!!!

      Delete
    3. Just searched the verses up. I love both verses 6 and 8! And John 15:16 is awesome, especially for us that feel a burden to be missionary in another country ;) Beautiful verses!

      Delete
    4. Yes they are beautiful;-) i wrote an article in our mag based on John15:16! Have u read it yet?

      Delete
    5. I'm not sure... I probably have though, but forgot :P I'll have to find it again!

      Delete
    6. Wait I just found it! I did read it actually just yesterday, lol! I didn't connect the dots that it was with John 15:16 though. But anyway, I loved the article! :)

      Delete
    7. Oh okay!!!! Im glad. U loves the article!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you did this post!! :)I love all those verses you mentioned! Some of my favorites are on your list actually :) Like Philippians 3:7-11, 1 Corinthians 15:58 (this was my other BB verse!) and 2 Corinthians 12:9. :D Some of my other favorites are 1 Peter 5:6-7, Psalm 27, Psalm 139:1-18, and Joshua 1:9 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those verses! I thought 1 Peter 5:6-7 was going to be on your list ;) Philippians 3:7-11 is one of my very favorites!!

      Delete
  3. Haha, yes I had to include that one ;) Philippians 3:7-11 is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!