Summer Ministry Challenge

Hey everyone!  It’s time to go swimming and eat lots of ice cream and popsicles, because… summer is about to arrive in 2 days!! :D  Summer is a glorious season filled with the warmth of the sunshine, the coolness of ice cream and lemonade, and the fun of playing the pool!  This season is also great for just relaxing and hanging out, and for those still in school – a break :) But this year, I have a challenge for you!  I am really excited about it, and plan on doing it myself as well!

The challenge is… look at the list below and complete at least 5 of the ideas, although I encourage you to do as many as possible!  These are all ways you can minister to others by showing God’s love through encouragement.  I hope you all will join me in this challenge!

*      Send someone an encouragement email/letter
*      Visit/give a concert at a nursing home
*      Go on a mission trip
*      Host a fundraiser for a ministry
*      Write a letter to a missionary
*      Sponsor a child in poverty (through World Vision/Compassion International)
*      Crochet baby hats/booties for an expectant mother (by the time she has her baby, hopefully it will be cooler so she has need of those! ;)
*      Do something extra-special for your mom or dad
*      Volunteer in your nursery at church
*      Invest in your siblings’ lives
*      Help out/babysit for a young mother
*      Befriend a lonely girl
*      Pray for your country
*      Share your story/testimony
*      When in the drive-thru line at a restaurant, pay for the person behind you
*      Help out at a VBS
*      Start a prayer group after church
*      Minister in music through church choir/orchestra/offertories
*      Disciple a younger girl
*      Donate your hair
*      Sew a dress for your sister
*      Make a meal for a shut-in/new mother
*      Clean house/help in the yard for an elderly widow
*      Sew a special hat for a chemo patient who has lost their hair

This may seem like a long list, but really, there are endless ways you can minister.  I once read of a teenage girl who decided to sew skirts for orphans in Liberia!  There are so many organizations you can also get involved with that minister to the needy.  I encourage you to look around for opportunities and try your own ideas too!

Are you going to do this challenge?
Which idea is your favorite?
In what other ways are you going to minister?

I am really excited about this challenge and can’t wait to get started!  And I hope you are too!  Please comment below if you are planning on doing it with me!! :)

Are you ready?  
Set?  
GO!!!!




*Also check out this summer post too! Summer Bucket List*

Comments

  1. This awesome! =) I'm so glad you're doing it! I can't wait to do it too! My favorite idea you had was to pay for the person behind you at a drive-thru! I've always wanted to do that, so that'll be fun! =) Thanks for doing this and posting these ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was fun coming up with ideas! :) Thanks so much for letting me use some of yours too! Paying for the person behind you is fun - my mom's had it done to her several times before, and has done it to others too. Great way to bless someone!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! :) Awww how fun!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!