Card Inspiration // Graduation 2017

Hey y’all!  So, I said a little while ago that I was looking forward to returning to my “card inspiration” posts.  And here, about 6 months later, I’m finally keeping my word :)  These cards have been waiting for about a year in my pictures folder, waiting for graduation season to finally arrive.  And now that it has, I figured that I’d better put them to use!  So, here’s some inspiration for you crafty girls who want to make some cards for your graduating friends.


This card is simple and clean, and you can use whatever color you would like in place of the blue.  I would suggest, however, keeping the gold paper.  It adds a lot to the card.


This card is obviously a girl’s card.  The sparkly purple “2016” is definitely my favorite touch!  Although this year, it would be a 7 and not a 6 at the end ;)


The first impression I get from this card is dingy.  Putting a gravel color against white has to be done properly, and it wasn’t in this case.  Not to mention the sideways “congratulations” that I lettered… Yes, this was definitely not my best card!  But the reason I have chosen to show it is because of the diploma.  Most of the time I think putting a diploma on a card is silly, but I wasn’t sure what to do with this card, so I tried it anyway.  The gold ribbon added more excitement to an otherwise completely dull card.

So, what is my conclusion?  Sparkle/bling + graduation card = 😊




Happy Saturday!  And congratulations to any graduates that may be reading this! :)

Comments

  1. Those are all such great cards! The one with the flowers is so pretty! And I actually rather like the last card and don't think it's "dingy" at all! To me, the dilemma is a really cute touch! and is that your handwriting?! The lettering looks so good!
    Thanks for the card-making inspiration... I will need to make use of it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haley! Okay, I'm glad you like the diploma card ;) Yes, that's my lettering on the third card. Lettering is so much fun! I'm working on lettering more with my cards, so I don't have to buy as many stamps ;) For this card though, I think the lettering would look better if I had written it evenly and not sideways :P

      Delete
  2. Bella MorganthalMay 7, 2017 at 6:09 PM

    These are so cool! :) And especially helpful for this time of year too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Grace!!!!👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👍👍👍👍👍👍😁😁😁😁 😁😁😁😁😁😁
    You do a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)May 10, 2017 at 12:59 AM

    These were so pretty, you know I love your card inspiration posts! :D I've been making some cards lately too, some thank you cards! I found some really expensive card supplies at a thrift store for only a dollar a bag, and there was two bags! I was thrilled!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy them so much, Livy! Thank you! Ooh, thank-you cards are one my favorite types to make :) It's always exciting to hit a craft sale!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!