To My Mother...

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day: the day when we celebrate all of the awesome moms out there, and show our appreciation for all that they have done.  We give gifts and we give hugs.  We may even bring our mom breakfast in bed.  But really, we cannot even begin to show our appreciation for all that she has done for us!  She gave birth to us, comforted us when we had nightmares, made us all of our meals, and so much more.   I don’t think any of us will ever really understand how much our mothers’ have done until we are in her shoes.

Tomorrow is Sunday.  It’s an early day, a long day, a busy day, and sometimes a plain hard day.   (I want to go back in time and strangle the person who decided that Mother’s Day would be on a Sunday.)  I’m posting this today because I don’t know if I would have a chance to tomorrow.

I know that my mom reads my blog posts, so I’d like to publicly thank her for her impact on my life.  But first, let me apologize…

Mom, I’m sorry for the days I’m ornery and upset, disrespectful, and argumentative.  I have no right to be that way and you certainly don’t deserve it.  I’m so sorry.  When I’m upset, I may yell and be unreasonable, but you are always patient and keep your head (well, most of the time) ;)

Thank you for all of the sacrifices you have made over the years on my behalf and for the good of all of my siblings.  You are a taxi driver, a chef, a laundress, a cheerleader, a teacher, a nurse, and so much more.  You chose to homeschool 7 children.  Wow!  The mothers of 2 children that you bump into at the store have it right when they call you Superwoman.

As you know, I sometimes get really impatient and have a short fuse when it comes to being annoyed with my siblings… you don’t know how much I wonder and admire how you manage to stay sane with 7 kids. I can only hope and pray that one day I’ll be as good of a mother to my kids as you are to me and my brothers and sisters.


I love you, Mom! 💗

Comments

  1. Aww, this was so beautiful <3 Great post, Grace! :) Happy Mother's Day to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My mom was happy when I said that you had wished her a great Mother's Day :)

      Delete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)May 16, 2017 at 7:19 PM

    How sweet! This was a great post! Happy Mother's Day to all moms!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!