James 4:14

“Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life?  It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.”

~ James 4:14, KJV



One night recently, I was lying in bed, unable to sleep.  My thoughts wandered from topic to topic, and eventually came to the topic of living a life that truly matters for Christ.  I asked myself, “What would I do if I found out that I had only a few months left on this earth?”  The truth is, girls: we don’t know how long we have left to live. 

Are you aware that today, right now, we are actively dying?  We could die tomorrow.  We could die in three months.  We could die in a year.  We really have no clue when the Lord will take us.  But I’ll tell you this – it’s soon.

Someday we all will have to look back and reflect on what we’ve done with our lives.  What will 
really matter in eternity – popularity? Money? Beauty?  Or the things we have done for Christ?

Life is short.  We know that because we can measure it with a number.  Eternity, on the other hand, cannot be measured with a number.

We make many decisions each day; decisions on what clothing we wear, what hairstyles we sport, and what food we eat.  Those decisions, however, probably won’t  really make a difference in eternity.  What will make the biggest difference in eternity is the souls that will be there.  Are you spending your few days on earth staring in the mirror at beauty that will pass away, or are you busy evangelizing the world and growing God’s kingdom?

Comments

  1. Beautiful reminder! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)September 21, 2017 at 9:58 PM

    Wow. Very insightful, Grace! This is definitely something to think about and consider when we consider what things keep us "busy" everyday. When you said you never know how many days we have left, it reminded me that you are a cancer survivor and I praised the Lord for keeping you here. You are a world changer and awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia. But I'm not a world changer (or 'awesome' lol) -- I'm just an ordinary, redeemed girl trying to be faithful in whatever God has put in front of me ;) I wouldn't have my testimony if it weren't for HIM!

      Delete
    2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)September 27, 2017 at 8:28 PM

      Oh, I do think you are a world changer and awesome -- 100%.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!