Currently: January 2018

Hey y’all!  It’s been a couple of months since I’ve done a currently post, so I thought I’d hop on the blog today to update you on some of the things that have gone on in my life these past few weeks of 2018.

Reading… Do Hard Things and Girl Defined.  I think I technically finished reading them both before the New Year, but nevertheless, it was pretty recent.  These two books were amazing and I would totally recommend them for teens!

Singing... a fun choral arrangement called This is the Day that the Lord Has Made.  We are singing it soon in choir at church and it is definitely a *different* sort of piece than we usually do… ;)

Going… with a friend and her parents to a King’s Singers concert.  It was AMAZING!!  I’ve sort of grown up listening to The King’s Singers music, but I’ve never seen them in concert.  It was a truly incredible experience.  Such beautiful music!  If you have never listened to them, YOU NEED TO!  They are world-famous, so obviously they are fantastic. AND after the concert my friend introduced me to each of the singers, which was pretty cool!  So I not only got to hear them sing, but I got to actually MEET and TALK with them in person and get photos with them!

Listening… to King’s Singers music; what else? ;)  Now I’m a die-hard fan of theirs.  All of Me, We Are, and To Kokoraki are my favorites.  The last one is absolutely hilarious – go listen to it!!

Playing… a Bagatelle by a modern composer.  It’s short, quick, and filled with scales (chromatic, C minor, and C major), so it has some personality to it.  I hope to get a video of it up on my YouTube channel soon.

Preparing… for a Bible Quiz Tournament and also a sort of piano “competition.”  February will be an interesting month!

Looking forward... to seeing the Bontrager Family Singers in concert this coming week.  I’m on concert overload right now and greatly enjoying it :)

Enjoying… snow!!  We got another snow a couple of weeks ago, which was pretty exciting!  I think 2 snow storms within practically a month might be a record here in the south! :P  You should check out my friend Lily’s hilarious video (here) on different reactions to snow.  It’s an over-exaggeration, of course, but to an extent it is still true ;)  Definitely check it out!





Favoring... this really pretty pink nail-polish color.  I don't normally wear nail-polish on my fingernails, but I discovered this light pink color (you can see it in the photo above) in my nail-polish collection.  Now it's a favorite!

Adding... a "Recommendations" page to my blog.  It's been in the works for a while now and it took me a while to figure out how to get it up (I forgot how to get a new page up... haha!), but I finally did it.  So if you're wondering what some of my favorite things are (books, music, etc.), you can now visit my new page!  And don't forget to comment at the bottom of the recommendations page and share YOUR recommendations!

Smiling… because I GOT MY BRACES OFF!!  I had them for a year and a half and I’m so happy to be done with that phase.  Just another couple of weeks of wearing my retainer 24/7 before I can go without it during the day!  So excited! ;)


What have YOU been up to this month?  Do you listen to The King's Singers? :)

Comments

  1. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)January 29, 2018 at 9:44 PM

    Oh, I am so excited for you getting your braces off, they look beautiful in your photo and I love the nail polish too! I loved hearing what you've been up to lately! =) I love your currently posts! I can't wait to get my braces off in about 6 months, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy these posts! They are super fun to put together. Hey, 6 months isn't that long of a time! It'll be here before you know it :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoy hearing about what's been going on in your life!
    I think I've heard "This is the Day that the Lord Has Made"... Is that the one that goes, "this is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made..." I don't know if you can discern anything from that though, haha!
    Yay for getting braces off! I know my brother was glad to get his off when he got them, and my other brother who has them will be happy to get rid of his too, although I don't know how soon that is!
    I've actually never heard of the Kings singers before. I listened to a little bit of all of the songs you mentioned from them (although I have finished any yet - haha! I need to do that). They were pretty good from what I heard. That last song though - hahaha! I definitely need to finish listening to that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I think I know what version of "This is the Day the Lord Has Made" that you're thinking of, but this is different. It's very march-like and starts "This is the day that the Lord has made, and I will be exceeding glad!" It repeats those lyrics twice, acapella, before the piano comes in. I tried to find a recording on YouTube but couldn't.
      What??!! You've never heard of the King's Singers? Ahh! I thought for sure you'd have listened to them before, Grace! xD They're an acapella men's group (with counter-tenors, which I think is pretty cool) that sing some beautiful, challenging pieces. I thought of you while listening to them -- I thought, "Grace would love this!" :) You DEFINITELY need to finish listening to To Kokoraki though!! If you haven't gotten to the second baritone yet (second from last), his animal sound is the best, so at least listen to that much ;) It really just gets better as the song progresses, and near the end they all go crazy and do their sounds TOGETHER which is hilarious! My siblings and I were dying laughing over it! xD They didn't actually do that piece in the concert though, which was disappointing :( xD
      OK, I'm going to stop gushing about them and shut up ;)

      Delete
  3. Yay! These are some of my favorite posts of yours :) (I know, I know, I say that all the time...) Anyway, their version of "All of Me" is sooo pretty! Thank you for sharing the song links! :D Wow, SO cool that you got to meet them and everything! ;) And you're so beautiful, love the picture of you in the snow! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend <3 And I'm glad you enjoyed All of Me, too -- it is SO gorgeous!!

      Delete
  4. This was such a fun post! :)
    I just checked out your recommendations page--that is such a neat idea to have a recommendations page, and I loved reading it!! YAY! I am so excited for you about getting your braces off!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! :) If you have any questions about any of the recommendations I've given (if you are unsure what a certain book is about or anything), feel free to ask, and I'd love to answer any questions.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!