6 Fun Things to do This Valentine's Day


Hey y’all!  It’s just two days till Valentine’s Day!  I know that a lot of people aren’t too thrilled about this holiday, but I’d like to encourage you to make the most of it by trying one (or all) of these 6 fun Valentine’s Day activities of sorts.  Valentine’s Day can be a blast!


 1 – Make valentines
It’s still not too late to make Valentine’s cards!  Don’t worry about them being late if you mail them; Valentines are fun to receive any time this week (and beyond)!  You don’t even have to mail them.  Make some for your family!  Include a Bible verse on love inside your card.  You can also stick in chocolates and/or little gifts for the recipient.  Kids especially love valentines, and there are tons of DIY ideas on Pinterest for Valentine’s Day gifts you can make for little kids!  One year I made some heart-shaped crayons for some kids I worked with in a ministry.  Get creative!


2 – Hand out flowers and cards at a nursing home
Wouldn’t it be so special to go around and pass out roses and valentines cards to the ladies at a nursing home nearby?  I’m sure it would make their day!

3 – Make a sweet treat
Valentines and chocolate go hand in hand :)  Whip up a sweet chocolate treat for your family this Valentine’s day!  A chocolate strawberry tart would be perfect, in my opinion ;)  S'mores Dip and Peanut Butter Cups would also be delicious!




4 – Have a sibling party
This can be so fun!  Each year, my grandma brings over cupcakes, orders pizza, and my siblings, grandma, and I have a fun time of decorating cupcakes, eating pizza + the beautiful cupcakes *smiles*, and opening the valentines our extended family sends, as well as the valentines we make for each other.  It’s a fun time we look forward to each year!

5 – Spend time with the Lord
God’s love is reason to celebrate!  Spend time reading His Word, praying, and thanking Him for His marvelous love.  If you are single (as I’m assuming pretty much all of you are ;), then spend some time praying for your future husband as well!


6 – Memorize a Bible verse on love
I plan on memorizing at least one verse on love this Valentine’s day.  What are some of your favorite verses on God’s love?  Comment below!


Here are a couple additional resources for Valentine’s Day that I love:

More Radiance (blog post): February To-Do List {Monthly Goals}.


Have a lovely week!

Comments

  1. These were great ideas! And those desserts look amazing!! :D I especially love your idea for having a "sibling party!" Even though we are pretty busy this Valentines Day, I would love to make a "sibling party" a priority! Thanks for all of these fun things to do on Valentines Day!! Your posts are always so fun to read! Happy Valentines Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Ooh, what all do you have planned for Valentine's Day? Have fun! :) I hope you are still able to do your sibling party! Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Hey Grace! This was fun! I especially liked the one about visiting a nursing home. That's such a sweet idea! What do you have planned this year for Valentine's day?
    This year we're having a party for moms to take their kids over and decorate cookies, donuts, and make valentines to take home to their Dads. It was Mom's idea. Isn't that so sweet??? I'm excited to help out with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so sweet what you and your mom are doing! Such a great idea. Please let me know how it goes! :)
      Well, tomorrow I have piano lessons in the morning and then I might be meeting a friend for lunch, and in the evening I have church. But other than that, I hope to do several of the things on this list! Originally we were supposed to go to a nursing home tomorrow too (as part of a church ministry), but we found out we are no longer on the schedule :(
      Happy Valentine's Day, friend! <3

      Delete
  3. Go to Ash Wednesday services and repent of your sins. Bonus: you’ll be too hungry from fasting and too busy crying over what a wretch you are to be bothered with Valentine’s Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Elizabeth. You are right -- Valentine's Day (or anything else) doesn't even begin to compare to what Christ did for us.
      By the way, I'd love to know how you found my blog!

      Delete
  4. Hi Grace!

    Love your list. I love Valentine's Day, and for the past few years, we have had a very special family dinner on Valentine's Day. Sadly, this year we can't due to the fair (my sister is showing a pig), so my sister and I are trying to come up with something, I think we're going to make a special dinner for my parents and make some cute crafts. I'd love to go to a nursing home again. We've done that in past years and it was always so much fun and blessed the residents so much.

    Have a good and godly day!

    love,
    Ashley
    snailmailblessings.etsy.com
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. A sibling party is a fantastic idea! That would be lots of fun if we could have that while we serve my parents their special dinner. ;) Or maybe I could plan it another time.

      love,
      Ashley

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your comments, Ashley! Sounds like y'all will have lots of fun :) That'd be a great time to have a party of sorts with your siblings! Or, like you said, you could plan it for another time. It's fun to do it any day, not just Valentine's Day! Either way, I hope you have a wonderful time! Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  5. Loved all these ideas! The nursing home one is great. Your celebration sounds wonderful! These are some of my favorite verses about God's love for me/us :)
    Jeremiah 3:13 ~ "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
    and Rom 8:35-39 ~ Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are beautiful verses! Thank you for sharing, Alyssa. Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  6. I loved these ideas! I actually did the 'make a sweet treat' one, instead of buying my family candy or something, I made a batch of our award-winning favorite cookies! It really made their day! Plus, I decorated and gave my family Valentines! It was a great day. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that you had such a good Valentine's Day, Livy. Yay for cookies! That was my "sweet treat" too :)

      Delete
  7. These are awesome ideas, Grace, and so fun too! :) Thank you for such a wonderful reminder of how much fun Valentine's Day can be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. They ARE good! You should try one sometime! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!