An Average Day Tag


Hey y’all!  I was tagged for the Average Day Tag by Grace over at Don’t You Know That I’m Singing!  I love participating in blog tags (although technically this is only my second), and this one especially was super fun to do.  I’m a big fan of taking every-day photos.  The sad thing is, I usually delete them because most are terrible quality and I don’t have a use for them.  Well, today I have a reason to take some photos of daily life… so let’s get started!

Oh wait.  I probably should explain a little more about this tag before I begin. ;)

The Average Day Tag is where you take 10 photos of an average day in your life (my photos aren’t all from the same day, though), and then tag 2+ people to do the tag on their blogs.  I’ll tag my people at the end of the post.  You know how it goes.

So here is a little peek into what goes on in the days of Grace…



Good morning!  Don’t you just love this Anne Shirley quote?  L. M. Montgomery was a master with words.  I mean, where can you find a more interesting, fun, spunky character than Anne, with such exquisite phrases constantly bubbling from her mouth?  She’s a favorite of mine!


One photo with two descriptions: breakfast and Bible time.


School happens...


And so does piano practice!  I spend a lot of my time sitting here.  It’s my favorite place to be. :)


Music composition isn’t something I do every day, but I do it occasionally.


Lettering projects.  Here is a quote from the book I Dare You.


Blogging work, obviously.  Has to happen sometime!


This isn’t really average, but it’s rare that normal routines happen constantly anyway.  My days hold different things.  On this particular day, I was washing windows and vacuuming for my grandmother.  This is my face as I have to stand on a stool, open a second-story window, and reach out to scrub the outside window panes. ;)  I’m scared of heights more now than I was when I was 8...


Nail care happens more often now than it used to, since my blood circulation (most likely Reynauds Disease) got worse in my fingers and toes.  Some days the discoloration will look downright disturbing, so I figured that I might as well try and make my nails look as good as I can.


I’m bound to do some sort of journaling each day.  Whether that’s smash book journaling, prayer journaling, sermon note journaling, or another type of journaling depends on the day.

Not pictured: lots of sibling and family time, cleaning, putting my littlest sister down for naps, instrument practice on my other instruments, Bible quiz study (if its quiz season), and more.  God is good.

Alright – that’s a wrap!  Wasn’t that fun?  Now to pass this tag along.  I tag…

Alyssa at Here is Love.
Anna at Annie Writes.
Isabella at Worth it All.

And if I didn’t tag you above, feel free to go for it anyway!

Thank you again, Grace, for not only tagging me, but also for your friendship and support of my blog.  So thankful for you!! <3

Comments

  1. What a fun post, I had fun reading it and seeing your pictures! =) And thank you so much for tagging me, I am honored. =) I'm sorry though, because I won't be able to do it. It's just a little too personal and I'm not really comfortable posting something like that on my blog.... but I am very honored to be tagged! Thank you and I'm sorry I couldn't do it! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry you are unable to do the tag, Olivia, but I certainly understand. ;)

      Delete
  2. Love this, Grace! Adorable Bible journaling :) That piano book sound just lovely, do you have videos on YouTube of arrangements from it?? ;) Gorgeous lettering, and I totally understand the heights thing! You are right, God is so good to us =) Yes, that was fun :)

    Thank you so much for tagging me!! How fun, we're busy around here this weekend, but I'll try to start on this asap! Thank you again for tagging me!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently do not have any videos on YouTube of me playing from My Savior First of All, although I have one I plan on putting up soon. I had to take some things out of this particular piece so it wasn't too showy for church, so now I have to add them back in for the video ;)
      Can't wait to see your Average Day tag post!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for tagging me, Grace!! This will probably be the next post I do, so thank you for the inspiration. ;D I enjoyed reading this!! <3 God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited to see your post, Mykaela! :)

      Delete
    2. I'll be publishing my post today...sorry it took SO long for me to get to it!! You'll find out why in the post. ;P Thanks again for tagging me, I enjoyed the challenge! :)

      Delete
    3. You're totally fine! Loved seeing your post. :) So excited for you and your relationship and everything going on in your life right now :)

      Delete
  4. This was so fun to read! I am a BIG FAN of Anne of Green Gables, haha! :) I am currently reading book #5--it is so good! :D I LOVE journaling, too! :) What is smash book journaling? I loved reading this! :) Thank you for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love Anne of Green Gables too! I really need to go back and reread the series again sometime soon ;) Well, I just call it smash book journaling -- other people call it other things. But basically it's just a journal that I put any little doodads that I come across it: cards, little things people might stick in letters, used tickets, and more.

      Delete
    2. What is your favorite Anne of Green Gables book? :) So far, I liked "Anne of Avonlea" the best! Ooh!! I love the idea of smash book journaling!! :) ( I have found myself writing "great idea" in the comments for your posts often, lol--You have really good ideas! Thank you for sharing really good ideas in each post! You inspire me! :) )

      Delete
    3. Hmm, I'm not sure which one was my favorite Anne of Green Gables book, although I'm pretty sure Anne of Avonlea was up there on the list. After reading the books I watched the movie series so all of the stories kind of just blur together. I don't remember which ones belong to which book xD Another reason I need to go back and reread them. ;)
      Haha, well, I'm glad I can be an inspiration to you, Anna! I hope my "great ideas" are helpful :P

      Delete
  5. I LOVED THIS POST SO MUCH!!! *likes it one million times even though there isn't a like button* XD My favorite part is seeing your beautiful face in the pictures! <3 Thanks for tagging me! Love seeing a glimpse into your every day life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed this post so much ;) I know you don't normally do blog tags, but I thought I'd tag you again for this one, because I know that your blog readers would love to see what goes on in your every day life. You have lots of girls who look up to you, and sometimes getting a glimpse into a role model's life can be super encouraging because they are reminded that even their role models face the every day mundane too. Just something to think about ;) And also, I really want to see your post xD

      Delete
  6. Why didn't you tag me??? ;) Kidding! Haha! That would have been odd. This was super fun to read! Thanks for doing this!!! That picture of you doing school is awesome. ;) And that Anne Shirley quote is great! I haven't read the books or watched the movies... We have the books. Maybe I should read them sometime.
    I really liked that quote you wrote! How long does a hand lettering project like that take you usually? Two minutes? Two hours? Two days??? As you can tell, hand lettering is not something I've had a chance to try yet... ;)
    Thanks again for sharing your day with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought about tagging you, but, well, you know... ;) Thank YOU for tagging me! This was super fun. Honestly, I think it's the most exciting blog tag I've ever seen. So glad I could participate!
      Ooh, you need to read at least the first couple Anne books! Up until she gets married, at least. That's when I began to lose interest. But hers and Gilbert's "love" story is like one of the best classic love stories there are. It's not romantic for a very long time, it's just funny. He loves her and she hates him. You've GOT to see the movie part where she breaks the slate over his head! That's the best part of all ;)
      Two minutes is probably about right... maybe a tiny bit longer. ;) You get more comfortable and quick as you go. The tedious part is going in and thickening all the down-strokes (if you aren't using a calligraphy pen). If its a longer quote, it can get time intensive. But the I Dare You one was rather short and quick.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!