Blogging Changes - I Need Your Help!

Hey y'all.  I know I've probably been really confusing with blog changes, so I wanted to take a moment to share what I've been up to here and ask you for your advice.
  
As a new blogger, I look around at other blogs and see the cool things they've done and wonder, "How do they do that?"  So I experiment with page breaks, backgrounds, fonts, and all that other stuff that comes with keeping up a blog.  Really, y'all, there's a lot of things you can do with blog design.

The design of a blog is very important, in my opinion.  Do you ever find yourself liking a blog more because of it's design?  Sometimes a blog design is using dark colors like navy blue and black, and sometimes they're lighter colors like sky blue and blush pink.  Personally, I like the lighter colors.  I'm not saying that I don't like darker colors (one of my favorite colors is purple), I'm just saying that I think lighter colors add more detail and softness to a blog, and especially with my blog title.  So I have been trying to experiment with different colors on this blog, and unfortunately, the last design just went crazy so hopefully I will get that changed soon :-)

The fonts.  Serif or sans-serif?  I can't decide.  There are so many different sections on the blog where I have to pick a font (the title, right side bar, post title, date and gadgets, to name a few).  I am trying to figure this out.  To keep it less complicated right now, I've been keeping the blog and post titles the same, and a specific font for blog posts.

Okay, so I know you're probably annoyed with such a random posting schedule right now, so let's get down to business.  I am thinking twice a week to start.  If I get overwhelmed with neat blogging ideas, I'll up it.  And I am thinking of blogging on Mondays and Thursdays.  This is not definite yet, but it's what I'm going to aim for.

Blog backgrounds: just an abstract design, nature, or something specific?  I am not a nature girl.  At all.  But I like the nature backgrounds.  Some of them are breathtakingly beautiful.

I was debating changing my blog names to something clever.  I enjoy crafts, but my real passion is anything to do with music, piano, and composing.  Yet, I mean, sour cream is a huge favorite of mine.  I am at loss for another name.

How many posts should I keep on one page?  How do I add tabs up at the top (like 'about' and 'home' and 'contact')?  Should I keep the page breaks or not?  What fonts should I use?  Should I use nature backgrounds when I'm not even an outdoor person?  When should I post?  My favorite colors include lighter shades of blue, coral, gold, and purple.  Should I consider using those colors in my blog?  What 2 or 3 colors should I use for my blog?  Should I consider changing my blog name?  If so, what should I change it to?  What else needs to be added or removed?

I'd really like your feedback, so please leave me a comment.  You are more than welcome to respond to any and all of the questions above.  Your advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much!


Comments

  1. use colors like teal and brown, keep a fun, easy to read font, and 3 posts a page is what I recommend.
    minionlover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like the colors I'm using now? And the fonts? Is the post font easy enough to read or do I need to change it to a serif like Times New Roman (or whatever it's called)? I think I am going to try to up the font size on certain areas on my blog if I can. It's been changing up my font sizes on me, so I don't know how that will work though. And I was going to do only about 5 posts a page, but it looked a bit funny with the page breaks making the post section smaller than the right sidebar :P But I will take that in consideration? Oh, and do you like the page breaks? I like them but I want to hear what you think.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!