Card Inspiration // Cards Without Words??

Late last year I received an order of cards that... had no words?  For a minute, I thought she had meant something else.  But no, she had literally meant a card that had no words on it, inside or out.  I am so used to getting orders for birthday or thank-you cards, so the thought had never crossed my mind that I might get card orders for cards that had no words on them!  So, a bit challenged and nervous about how I would accomplish this task, I began work on the set.

I quickly realized what I would need to do.  The focus point on cards are usually the words, right?  Well, I just made something else the focus point - flowers!

This card is just an example of what I mean.  I had made this card long before I had ever even received the order for cards with no words.  This card was a huge help when I was deciding what to do, so I thought I'd share it with y'all.


For this card, all I did was take a basic card with a flowery design on it, layer on a piece of solid pink paper, a piece of pink dotted paper, another piece of solid pink paper, and topped it off with a green paper flower.

I hope this was an inspiration to you.  And, yes, my blog readers, it can be done - a card with no words!

P.S. Do you have any ideas for a masculine card with no words?  I couldn't figure out what to make the focus on a masculine card...  :-/  So if you have an ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Comments

  1. masculine cards could be dark brown and navy with soccer and foot balls.
    minionlover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that's an interesting color combo - I'll have to try it! Well, come to think of it, I guess it's not because I am going to be wearing brown (if I can find a brown shirt!) and blue tonight :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!