2016: My Year in a Nutshell

Hey y’all!  Lately I’ve been seeing a certain blog post topic going around on the blogs I follow: the year’s review with a short summary of each month in 2016.  Bloggers call this type of post different things, but the title I have come up with is simply, “My Year in a Nutshell.”  So without further ado, here is my 2016 in a nutshell!


JANUARY --- I went into the New Year having just surrendered my burden for Africa to the Lord.  Praise Him!  I could go into the New Year free of my stubbornness and contented with placing my future in God’s hands.

FEBRUARY --- I finished my third quiz season ranked 12th in the organization and 1st on my team.  I also played 2 classical pieces in a piano evaluation/competition and was a “room winner” and advanced to the winners’ honors recital.

MARCH --- I performed one of my classical pieces in the honors recital and was chosen along with 5 others to represent our district at the state conference. I also dressed up as the Snipe from Disney’s UP for a fun activity… bring out the boas, colors, and chocolate! :) And I tried helium!  Sadly, I couldn’t get it to work for me, though :’(

Can you tell I'm a snipe? ;) 
APRIL --- Celebrated my first blog-versary on April 18th!!  Yippee!!  I love blogging so much!

MAY --- I performed my piece at the state conference!  I also played my favorite classical song of the year in my piano teacher’s yearly studio recital!

JUNE --- I celebrated another birthday, began summer harp lessons, helped out at our church VBS, and performed in the Bride of Blood play!  I got the incredible privilege of acting the part of Elizabeth Elliot.  What a testimony she had!  I also finished up memorizing the entirety of the book of 1st Peter.  The week after the Bride of Blood play, I began accompanying Wednesday night congregational singing at my church.

JULY --- A very busy, crazy month!  On the 4th, I went on my first ever mission trip!  After returning home from the trip, I found out that I have tendonitis in my hands.  The following week, I went to a music camp and had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and made lots of new friends!  After that, I began volleyball practices in anticipation for my first season of playing volleyball!!   So exciting!!  After one of my very first practices, back I went to the doctor for a severe, unexpected migraine.  That was an adventure…!  I believe that during this month I also began singing in our church choir as a soprano (I later changed to alto).  At the end of the month (or beginning of August; I can’t remember) I played in my last flute recital before quitting flute lessons.

AUGUST --- In August I began my 4th season of Bible quizzing.  I also began playing official volleyball GAMES!!

SEPTEMBER --- I got braces!

OCTOBER --- We wrapped up volleyball games… so sad! :(  I loved my first season of volleyball and can’t wait for the next season!  I also attended a 4-day festival at a nearby university and competed in sacred piano.  And my good friend, Isabella Morganthal, published her THIRD awesome book!  Congratulations, Bella! ;)

Selfie I took for Bella :) 
NOVEMBER --- We got a tornado! :O

DECEMBER --- I sang in our church Christmas cantata for the first time as an alto.  I played the piano for the first time for a wedding, too!  After returning from the wedding, we celebrated Christmas, and then New Years!   I had my first New Year Blog Week and then ended the year celebrating 1 year since God placed Africa on my heart, and I surrendered to Him. During New Year Blog week, I had that before-mentioned oral surgery :( I also received and began learning my dream instrument, the erhu! :)



There you have it!  There’s my summary of 2016!  I missed a lot of things, but these were some of the highlights.  I hope you enjoyed hearing about my year… in a nutshell! :)


What were some of your highlights from 2016?

Comments

  1. Aw, loved this! :) This was such a good idea to do a post like this! It was tons of fun to read through :) And thank you for including about my book and your picture! Love it! <3 That was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you are a fast reader! xD Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  2. This was great! I loved seeing all the things that you did and happened in your life in 2016!

    Some highlights in my life in 2016 were: going to the ski resort in the summer twice for free, the Lord gave me a passion for His Word and praying, I got to do lots of guest posts, I had braces put on, and celebrated my 16th birthday! :D

    P.S. Did you get my letter? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post, Olivia! That's so neat you got to do so many guest posts; the interview I did with Beth was my first! ;)
      Yes, I did get your letter! Thank you! You have one for yourself on the way! ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, neat! I didn't know that was your first guest post! I really enjoyed it, you did a great job and I loved your picture! When I have a blog, I will be sure to have you do a guest post! :D

      Oh, yay! I can't wait to get your letter! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!