30 Random Acts of Kindness

Hey y’all!  Today I’d like to just share with you 30 ideas for random acts of kindness.  It’s pretty much summertime now, and summer is a great time to go the extra mile and make the most of every day!  Some people like to just lay around during the summer, but I challenge you to be the odd one out.  Go make a difference!  You can start by seeing how many of these random acts of kindness you can do this summer!


1    1- Invest in a younger girl
2- Volunteer in a ministry
3- Serve in your church (music, nursery, kid ministries, etc.)
4- Sponsor a child
5- Lead a Bible study or prayer group
6- Babysit for a busy mother
7- Bring someone a meal
8- Leave an encouraging note somewhere
9- Do a chore for a sibling
10- Leave a gift for the mailman
11- Send encouraging messages to your friends
12- Write a handwritten letter
13- Make blessing bags (this doesn’t just have to be done at Christmas!)
14- Leave a generous tip at a restaurant
15- Hold the door open for someone
16- Bake cookies for your coworkers
17- Visit a nursing home
18- Pray for your country
19- Host a fundraiser
20- Pay for a stranger’s groceries
21- Do yard work for an elderly person
22- Smile! J
23- Treat someone to an ice cream cone
24- Include Bible verses at the end of emails/letters
25- Become pen-pals with a younger girl
26- Share a book that made a special impact in your life
27- Make your sibling’s bed
28- Use your talents for the Lord
29- Share your testimony
30- Pay for the person behind you in restaurant line

Now let’s chat!
Do you have a special story about when you did a random act of kindness?
What other ideas for random acts of kindness do you have?
What do you normally do in the summertime?


P.S. – Trivia: this is my 100th blog post! :)  

Comments

  1. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)June 7, 2017 at 2:41 PM

    Wow, this was so awesome!!! What a great idea! This a great idea to do during the summer! During the summer, I usually hang out and do fun stuff, but this summer I'm doing school all the way through so it's a little different, but still! I have a random act of kindness people can do---- bring cookies to your Orthodontist! I have a special story about doing that, for Christmas we brought a big plate of cookies to our Orthodontist, and he was so thrilled and happy he's talked about them at practically every visit since then! We're going to surprise him with another batch when we go back in July, so that count's as a summer act of kindness! Do you have a special story to share/

    Great post, Grace!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Livy! Yeah it can be a little different when you have school to do during the summer... but still, usually certain things become less busy in the summer. Like co-ops or anything school related that you don't already do at home :P Oh yes! You told me about bringing cookies to your orthodontist! That was such a great way to bless him! :) I probably should do something like that sometime... except I probably shouldn't do cookies because they always have cookies in their office anyway xD
      Hmm, well I don't have any special story in particular coming to mind, but I've just been amazed at how I often am so blessed when I do things like these to bless others! Like friendships that result when I'm doing something ministry-related, or when I went on the mission trip and learned lots + was blessed by that. God's rewards and showers of blessings are always the best!

      Delete
  2. This was really good! I already do a few of the things on the list (visiting nursing homes is a favorite!), but the rest of those are awesome too! I'll have to try some of those.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grace! We visit nursing homes often as well! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and congratulations on post #100! That seems a FAR way off for me!!! XD

      Delete
    3. Haha thanks! And don't worry, your 100th will be here before you know it! ;) Just keep it up!

      Delete
  3. How fun! Especially that this is your 100th blog post, yay! Congrats! :D And what a great post too! I really loved all the ideas you shared, super encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella! I know, 100 posts?!! :O This is so exciting!
      And thank you again for sharing your ideas/suggestions for this post! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!