Christmas Playlist Suggestions

Hey y’all!  My apologies for the gap in blog posts these past few weeks.  Is this seriously my first December post?  Yikes!  Anyway… I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season thus far.  I am just loving it!  Today I’d like to share some of that Christmas joy with you by giving you a few Christmas song suggestions to check out and perhaps include on your Christmas playlist this season.  These are all songs I personally love, enjoy, and would recommend.

In the First Light by GLAD.  This is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs.  We can rejoice because we know that HE IS COMING AGAIN!

O Come, All Ye Faithful by Dan Forrest.  I played a duet piano accompaniment of this choral piece with our main church pianist.  It was SO FUN.  I just love this arrangement!

What Child is This? / Mary, Did you Know? Erhu/harp duet.  Since I play and love one of the coolest exotic instruments that there is and that instrument happens to be in this video, of course I love it! :)  I would love to do a duet of these two songs with a harpist one day.

O Come, O Come Emmanuel by The Piano Guys.  I mean, who DOESN’T like this song?!  This is such a beautiful arrangement.

Angels We Have Heard on High by Peter Anglea.  I think this piece sounds so fun and full of joy!

Jesus! The Advent of the Messiah by Mary McDonald and Rose Aspinall.  My church choir used this Christmas choral book for our main Christmas program last year and although there were one of two pieces we did not use (I cannot say whether or not I would recommend those), I fell in love with so much of the music we did sing.  My specific favorites are The Gathering (3:57) and He is Born (16:45).  We also did Overture/Christmas Gloria, All is Calm, There is Room, and Jesus! High and Holy One!  Again, I cannot personally recommend any of the others in this book because I have not listened to/sung those.

ALSO, I can’t wait to share with you all a YouTube video soon of a Christmas piano arrangement I have learned for this Christmas.  So keep a lookout for that sometime soon! ;)


I’d love to hear from you!
What are some of your favorite Christmas songs/pieces?
Have you heard any of the above listed songs before?

Comments

  1. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)December 14, 2017 at 5:08 PM

    Those all sound neat, I've heard those just not by those groups! =) I'm so excited for Christmas, my favorite Christmas songs are by TobyMac, For King and Country, Mandisa and others! I'm looking forward to your Christmas YouTube video, I really enjoyed your first one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool you've heard of so many of those songs, although by different authors/arrangers/groups! I'm so glad you enjoyed my first YouTube video. I will have the next one up as soon as I can :) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing these! I really enjoyed all of them, but I especially liked "What Child is This/Mary did you know?", "Angels We Have Heard on High", all of the songs I heard from "Jesus! The Advent of the Messiah" (although I didn't listen to all of them - most of them though, I think.)
    Can't wait for your next youtube video!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, you're welcome! I'm super glad you enjoyed these, Grace! :)

      Delete
  3. I CAN'T WAIT for your next YouTube video! :D Seriously I'm so excited!
    One of my favorite Christmas songs is O Holy Night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I put the video up last night ;)
      Ah, O Holy Night is so pretty!! <3

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. The Oh Hellos’ Family Christmas Album!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!