Great is Thy Faithfulness

Hey y’all!  Well, it’s officially New Year’s Eve, and tomorrow is the conclusion of Near Year’s Blog Week.  This week has been such fun!  I had a great time writing posts each day this week, and I’d love to hear which post was your favorite or inspired you the most.

Today I’d like to just turn your attention to a very key truth that we find throughout God’s Word and throughout history, and that is the truth of our Lord’s faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23 says, "It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."

Do you enjoy reading missionary biographies and hearing mission reports?  I do!  One reason I love them so much is the common theme I see so clearly displayed in each of their ministries, and that is the theme of faithfulness.  Over and over again I’ve heard stories told of how the Lord provided in mighty and miraculous ways. 

The amazing thing is, though: the Lord isn’t just faithful to those serving Him on the mission field.  He is faithful to you and to me.  When we are going through trials and tough situations, He faithfully maintains His post at our side.  When we are fearful, anxious, and doubtful, He is faithful to calm our hearts.  When we plead for His grace and mercy, He is faithful to forgive us.  When we fear our faith will fail us, He faithfully holds us with a grip that cannot be loosened.

God’s faithfulness is unwavering and it will never waver, because He is unchangeable.  He is faithful all the time; every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every year.  To be otherwise would be against His character.

Each year, God brings us through many different mountains and valleys that we don’t see coming.  If we knew about certain situations at the beginning of the year, we would undoubtedly dread the future and recoil in fear.  But He only asks us to simply trust Him, hold His hand, and let Him walk us through each phase.  And looking back at the years, we are able to look through all that pain and heartache and disappointment and fear, and see His glorious faithfulness in it all.  He truly is faithful!

This morning at my church, I played this beautiful arrangement of the hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness.  What a fitting truth to focus on as we head into a New Year!  I hope this piece is a blessing to you today.  You can click here to watch the video.

So that is my little bit of encouragement for you today.  As we go into this coming year, we can trust the Lord and have peace in knowing that He is faithful.



Happy New Year!



Comments

  1. Love your video <3 And thank you so much for sharing this. I can't wait to keep reading your blog in 2018 :) Happy New Year friend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bella! You always encourage me <3 I can't wait to see what God does with this blog in 2018 either ;) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)January 5, 2018 at 5:21 PM

    This is so true, no matter what we may face this year or in coming years, we can rest assured and in peace because of our Savior Jesus Christ. =) A wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!