My Goals // 2018

Ah, I love to make New Year goals!  It’s one of my favorite lists ever to make.  I love examining my priorities, brainstorming, and looking forward to 365 days in which I can accomplish many new things.  How about you?  Do you enjoy making New Year goals?
I’m sure I’m not done with making all of my 2018 goals yet, but here are the ones I have decided on so far:

- Read 12 books.  I lowered my goal to 12 from this past year’s goal of 20.  Since I’m slowly but surely beginning to enjoy reading more, this shouldn’t be too hard.

- Try 20 recipes.  Hopefully this year they’ll be healthier recipes ;)

- Write 3 hymn arrangements, even if these are just short + easy arrangements.

- Play one of my own arrangements for church.  I already know which arrangement I’d like to perfect + use for this, I just need to get it completely written out.

- Upload 10 videos to Youtube.  In other words, I want to learn at least 10 pieces ;)  I am hoping on uploading even MORE than 10 videos (preferably one each month), but we’ll have to see how that goes.

- Memorize 100 Bible verses.

- Give more TLC to my hands/nails.  I have realized this past month how terrible a job I do at caring for my hands.  This shouldn’t be so, since I use my hands so much in music as well as in everything else I do.

- Start running.  I’ve been wanting to do this for a while now.  This year I want to make it a priority.

- Go hiking.  There are some beautiful hiking trails in the area that I would like to visit.  I have done very little hiking in my lifetime, but I would definitely like to go hiking more this year.

- Journal more consistently.  Partway through this past year, I stopped daily journaling.  Now I’m regretting it.

- Do a study on a minor prophet.  I was Bible journaling recently in the book of Zephaniah when I realized I didn’t actually know much about the book AT ALL.  Yikes!  Sometimes we neglect the teeny tiny books of the Bible, simply because we don’t notice them when we flip through the Bible.

- Do a study on women in the Bible.  There are some wonderful things we can take away from the lives of the women in the Bible.  I am curious: would anybody be interested in me doing a Bible study of women in the Bible on this blog?

- Write out Scripture more.  Whether through Scripture-writing challenges or just simply writing out a Scripture from my time in God’s Word each day, I want to write out more Scripture this year.

- Improve at photography.  I really want to pick up photography more this year and would absolutely LOVE to do a senior photo-shoot session!

- Play flute for church.  I used to play in my church orchestra but dropped out when I joined choir.  Even if I don’t begin playing in orchestra again, I’d like to at least try doing a flute offertory.

- Play erhu for church.  Don’t know if I’ll get to that point this year, but I can aim for it at least ;)

- Be able to play erhu comfortably in keys of F, Bb, and Eb.  Erhu is easiest to play in the keys of D and G, so I mainly play them in those keys (and the hymns I find in e minor) and I haven’t played much in keys with flats.

- Earn x amount of dollars.

- Blog 50 times.  This is 10 more than my goal from this year, and I’m pretty sure I can accomplish that.  Go ahead and poke me with your emails to remind me to blog if I slack ;)

- Add a recommendations page to blog.  I already have it mostly written out, just now to finalize it and put it up! :)

- Create a bigger vision for this blog.  I’ve been asking myself lately, where do I see this blog going in 5 years? 10 years?  I will be seeking to answer those questions + make any appropriate changes to this blog this year.

- Complete a sewing project.

- Disciple/mentor a younger girl.  I have a specific younger girl right now in my life that I am currently praying about mentoring in the future.

- Head up a youth music special for church.

- Ride every rollercoaster at Dollywood.  Yeah.  This was a split-moment goal I created this past week as my brother and I were talking about the fact that I have still yet to ride the Tennessee Tornado (I blame it on the whole Ferris Wheel saga) :)



I think that does it for now!  What are your goals for this coming year?

Comments

  1. LOVE THIS! So fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do a study on women in the Bible! I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback, Joy! I will try to do a post series on women in the Bible, then ;)

      Delete
  3. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)January 5, 2018 at 5:06 PM

    Wow, so many amazing goals! I hope you get to do all of them! =) And yes, I'd love to see a study of women of the Bible you post on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am already working on studying in preparation for my first women-of-the-Bible post! ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow! These are great goals! I love the New Year because I enjoy making lots of goals as well. I hope you can accomplish each one of these. Have fun and best wishes!
    Rebekah Joy
    www.moreradiance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!! You're comment totally surprised me and made my day. Thank you!
      Happy New Year! I'm so thankful for your blog and ministry. And hearing YOUR goals was super fun and encouraging to me! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!