My Goals // November 2018


Hey y’all!  It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts, hasn’t it?  October was such an exciting month full of dreams-come-true, which really got me hyped for having another productive month!  It’s amazing to see how God works in our lives when we surrender every moment and situation to Him.


Check out those pumpkins!

Here are my goals for the month of November.

Send a package for the Annie Write’s Thankfulness Surprise Box November Challenge.
Anna is hosting a challenge over on her blog that I think will be so much fun!  There is still time to get involved and send someone a package – I’m sure Anna would love your participation!  This month, let’s spread a spirit of gratitude.

Take a picture of the surprise box to send Anna.
Also part of the above-mentioned challenge. :)

Start daily journaling.
I already began doing this, and so far it has been such a blessing!  I forgot just how much I love simply writing out my thoughts or what I did each day.

Write a hymn arrangement for Thanksgiving.
I recently wrote a hymn arrangement for piano and kalimba, which you can listen to here.  This month I’d like to do a hymn arrangement (for whatever combination of instruments) to a Thanksgiving hymn.  What is YOUR favorite hymn to listen to for Thanksgiving?

Start wrapping up shopping AND Christmas gifts.
I’ve already found gifts for both of my grandmothers, my mom, and one of “my people.” (We each draw 2 names for sibling gifts).  I just have my dad and another sibling to buy for, a couple friends, and stocking stuffers for each family member.  Stocking-stuffer shopping is always fun!  I love searching for special little items to put in each persons’ stocking.

Reorganize/decorate bedroom.
I may experiment with moving furniture and things around my room for a more efficient layout.  I’d also like to decorate a little for Christmas!  On top of my list is to string Christmas lights around my room for a soft glow at night.  I’d also like a place to display more photos, and a designated place for plaques and trophies and such.  Old books and such will be vacated to create room for more important things. :)

Write thank-you notes to 3 people at church.
This month our church is having a thanksgiving/appreciation card box for people to write notes to whomever they want to in our church.  I’d like to write 3 different people.

Make a set of 20 Christmas cards.
My grandma requested I make her 20 handmade Christmas cards, which I started on this week and can’t wait to complete!


That’s all for now.  Until next time, check out these posts on thankfulness!



I’d love to know!
What did God do in your life in October?
What are your goals for November?

Comments

  1. Loved this post! October was a pretty good month. HSF was awesome! Even though I was super stressed out before it, God really helped me that week! I'm kind of really nervous about the quiz the Saturday, especially after the last quiz ;), but I'm trying to trust God for that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your October was good, too. ;) Haha, same! I'm really stressed about quiz too. You'll do awesome though. ;) Philippians 4:13!

      Delete
  2. Those pumpkin musical decorations look really cool! I hope you get all of your goals completed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! I think I gasped when I saw the pumpkins and my mom and I both were like "Grace needs a picture." :) Just the best thing ever. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hello, Grace!

    This is an awesome post! Something God did in my life during October is building my friend circle. Sometimes, I have a hard time talking to people, but He's been helping me talk with other students at Youth Bible Study, which is a blessing. :) --I don't have any goals, yet, but some might come along the way. :D
    ~ Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad to hear that, Hope! Friendship has been something on my mind a lot lately, that I may write about eventually on the blog. I'm glad you have been able to reach out at your Bible study! I know that must be a blessing to the other young people there, too. Blessings on your November!

      Delete
  4. Great goals, Grace! I can’t believe it’s “almost” Christmas!!!!! :O 2018 has flown by SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Time has flown! So many great things have happened, and it makes me excited for the future too. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for tagging me in the previous post & for mentioning my box challenge! <3 These are some great goals! How has making 20 Christmas cards been??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Anna! I'm actually all finished with the cards! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!