With Thanksgiving Approaching...

Hey!!!  Long time, no blog post, huh?  Well, since Thanksgiving is this month, I wanted to share with you a few things that hopefully will get your mind geared toward thankfulness as this very meaningful holiday approaches.

First, I hope you’ve hopped on board with my autumn thankfulness challenge by now.  If you haven’t yet, I would still love for you to jump in and join us! :)  There are so many things we take for granted that we should be thankful for!!  Let’s take a moment to recognize those things now, and thank the Lord for them!

Second, I would like to challenge you to write one person and thank them for something they have done in your life.  It could be anyone from your mom to the girl down the street that comes over to play with you.  Whoever it is, take the time to sit down and write out a thank-you not to them.  It doesn’t have to be long – just write from your heart and be sincere in what you say.  Use your best handwriting and a pretty card.  Better yet, make the card yourself!  Here is a card I made that may inspire you (the stamp was found at Hobby Lobby, and I’m not sure where the ribbon came from):



When you think of thanksgiving, what is the first thing that pops into your head?  Turkey?  A big traditional meal (in my family’s case, STEAK AND HAMBURGERS!)?  Usually thanksgiving is known as the holiday that you have a huge meal, stuff your stomach, and go around the table and say something you’re thankful for.  And that’s pretty much it.  I encourage you to be thankful year round.  God is not generous only once a year – He gives you so much every single day.  Take time daily to thank Him!

Comments

  1. Cool. Sour cream girl, i'm thankful that you have this blog and are so nice to me. :)

    minionlover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks! :) Thanks for being my friend. And for reading this blog!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!