Autumn Thankfulness Challenge

Happy fall, everyone!  The autumn season is only 2 days away, and hopefully soon the weather will drop a bit!

Autumn is my favorite season of the year.  I envision beautiful leaves in shades of reds and oranges falling to the ground, apple orchards with trees loaded down with delicious fruit, cooler weather, the scents of pumpkin spice and apple cider, fall bonfires gathering friends together, and thankful spirits as the harvest begins.

This season is truly a season of beauty.  Our hearts should be humbled in awe of our Heavenly Father’s creation and providence.  Our God has given us a painting far beyond the magnificence of those in museums, and it is right out our door waiting to be praised and marveled at.

I love fall for many reasons, but one reason is because it seems that God uses these months to make His abundant love very clear, and His blessings are evident all around us.  Very often we can forget that everything we have comes from God.  How can we lack praise to our Father when He has given us so much?!  That brings me to the purpose of this post…


YOU ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN AN AUTUMN THANKFULNESS CHALLENGE
The Challenge: each day, record one thing (or several things!) you are thankful for
When: every day in fall, 2015, although I encourage you to do this year-round
Remember: no repeats!  Although it is good to be exceedingly thankful for everything, I want to challenge you to think of many different things God has given you, not just a select few.  And remember to pray and thank God for His bountiful blessings!


Each week I will be posting the 7 things I recorded, in addition to my regular Monday posts.  These posts will probably either be on Mondays or Thursdays, but that will hopefully just be in addition to my regular Monday and Thursday posts.  I might also be posting photos of fall scenes as I learn photography.  So please stay tuned!!


 I am very excited about this challenge!  It officially starts Wednesday, but please just jump in whenever!  And also, I would love to hear what you are thankful for, so please comment below!

Comments

  1. This is inspiring and really hits home. I think that we tend to forget to be thankful all the time as well.
    You should definitely take some photos of fall scenes, and I have a few ideas:
    Take a picture up in a tree and peeking through colored leaves. Take a picture of a small tree on a hill, with a close-up of an acorn. You could also try one at a pond with a ring of trees around it.

    minionlover

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!