Card Inspiration // Pattern Mixing

Hey y’all!  On Friday I finished another set of 8 cards without words, so in addition to the 8 other cards I have and other post topics I am planning on doing in the next few months, I’ve probably got enough pictures and ideas to post twice a week this fall!  SO… that’s my fall goal!  To blog twice a week!  The second day I post each week, I will either post on Thursday or Friday, but most likely Thursdays since I will be quite a busy bee on Fridays during the school year!

Okay, now onto the topic of this post...  This card is part of the set I just finished on Friday.  I am normally very shy when it comes to being bold and mixing patterns (I’m working on that!), but I wanted to try something different, so I came out of my shell and mixed a few patterns.  And I think it worked pretty well!  What do you think?


I seemed to have a lot of good, basic patterns (stripes, dots, etc.) in the color orange, so that’s what I went with.  I didn’t know what to make my focus point since flowers didn’t seem to go with it, so I just added stars instead.  I like it because it can be used for both girls and guys, whereas usually my cards are more feminine.  And it’s really easy to duplicate, because it doesn’t use any fancy techniques!  I love cards that are like that :)


Well, that about does it.  Happy Monday everyone!  And don’t forget to comment! :)

Comments

  1. Sorry i haven't read in a while. This is really cute! Could you include tutorials
    with most of your pictures and card posts? these are all adorable, but I'd like to know how tho make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's okay - I know you've been busy :) One of the reasons why I don't include instructions is because I usually can't actually duplicate the card, I just look at all the details and see how best I could copy it using the supplies I have at home. But if instructions would be helpful, I could start giving lists of the supplies I use and how I assemble them. Would that help?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!