Card Inspiration // Swirls and Butterflies

Hey y’all!  On Thursday my friend, Glitter Girl (yeah, I’m having my readers pick nicknames), and I had a ton of fun crocheting and card making!  We attempted a crocheted bracelet tutorial, but that failed, so I just have cards to feature for now :)

We only made 2 types of cards, but they were definitely winners, so we made a bunch of them! Here is the “thanks a bunch” one we made!


It’s really simple and quick, but the texture and color mixing was so fun!  I used an embossing folder for the swirly texture, and we just went through my paper scraps and punched little butterflies out of them.  This card is great for using up those extra little scraps!  Lastly, we took a simple “thanks a bunch” stamp and inked it with my multi-color ink pad.


As you can tell from the above picture, we made quite a few of these!  10, to be exact, but we had only completed 9 when I took these photos.  Forgive the background… :)


How do you like this card?  What other embossed backgrounds do you think we could use?

Comments

  1. I think it's totally gorgeous. It is such a great idea. Maybe for another with the "thanks a bunch" inscription, you could emboss plaid with a bunch of flowers below. You could do one where you emboss downward spirals and attach paper snowflakes to the bottom and say "here's a flurry to brighten your day!"
    minionlover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, good ideas! I don't have a plaid embosser but I do have some others that would work... and I just love the snowflake idea! It'll be a hard decision whether to use my new snowflake embossing folder, or snowflakes at the bottom :) I might try both... :)
      And, I just totally love your inscription for the snowflake card too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!