Card Inspiration // Chocolate with Pink Sparkles

Hey y’all!  I apologize for the missing Monday post yesterday.  My Monday post for this week was pushed back a day due to a short overnight family vacation, so today I buckled down and took a ton of card photos.  I already have photos now for about 8 Mondays!  So, for the next 8 weeks, my Monday posts should be pretty regular.


Okay, now that you know what was causing the delay, here’s today’s featured card!


A few weeks ago I got a card order for 2 more sets of 8 cards each, with no words, so I made this card for that set.  The first thing I thought of when I surveyed the finish look on this card was chocolate.  But, since brown obviously is not the only main color on this card, I immediately added, “pink sparkles” to my train of thought.  So there’s my explanation for the post title.


I needed another color to match this flower and go with my rich brown for this card, and the pink tape seemed perfect for it (you might remember the tape from this post).  I love the pretty sparkling effect if gives off against the darker background.  If you can’t tell how the tape matches the flower, here’s a close up.  It’s not entirely exact, but I think the little sparkly flower in the middle of this flower matches the tape well enough.


Overall, I like this card because it reminds me of sweets and chocolate, and it's pretty :)  What do you think?

Comments