Creating a Seasonal Goal List

Hey y’all!  Before fall arrives, I wanted to give you a bit of fall inspiration that I think would be helpful for all of us.  I recently saw this idea, and I know it really inspired me, so I wanted to pass it on to you!


I don’t know about you, but half way into the year, when I see an idea like a New Year photography or book-reading list, I always say to myself, “Why didn’t I see that on January 1st??  Now it’s too late!”  That motivation that we all have on the first of the year just isn’t there in the middle of the summer, so when we see a New Year resolution idea, we usually don’t implement it (and then, of course, we forget about it on January 1st, so it never actually happens – but that’s beside the point).

I think that a big part of why we make New Year goals is because, when we get to the end of that year, we feel so rewarded!  We’ve persevered, and now we feel great!  Making a seasonal goal list is basically doing the same thing, but just with a much smaller time frame, and just a little less reward.  Sometimes making a resolution we want to keep for a whole year is a little overwhelming, so making the length of the resolution shorter can help us feel like we have a reachable goal.

So for the fall month, I’m creating a seasonal goal list.  Giving an example is one of the best ways we can learn, so here are some things on my autumn goal list:


SPIRITUAL:
- read through the book of Job
- record 1 blessing each day
- read 3 books on Christian Walk

MUSICAL:
- compose 1 hymn arrangement
- practice 3x per week on flute

LIFE SKILLS:
- learn to use the serger
- make 3 new meals
- type out recipe cards
- make recipe box
- practice photography
- complete a photography challenge
- learn 1 new skill (soap making, first aid, etc.)

CRAFTINESS:
- make Christmas gifts
- make 1 thing new

BLOGGING:
- take more photos
- blog twice a week
- read a book/article on blogging
- find a permanent blog design


  This is not complete by any means, and I took a few of my own personal goals out that you probably wouldn’t understand :)

Just ask yourself, “What do I want to make a priority this season, or something I want to implement into my daily life?” and make a list of all those things.  Write down categories – personal, spiritual, homemaking, blogging, etc. – and place your goals in the category it pertains to.

If you aren’t sure what types of categories to include, here are some starters: personal, spiritual, physical (exercise/health/cleanliness), life skills/homemaking, reading (books you want to read), goodness (ministry), blogging, and photography (challenges, list of prompts, etc.).  Hopefully that will give you a few ideas.

Oh, and make it fun!  If you just scribble your goals down in your worst handwriting on a piece of printer paper, it’s not going to be very motivating when you look at it, is it?  So make it look nice, and fun!  Personalize it!  Use good handwriting on nice paper, or type it out and print it on cardstock.  Use ink in your favorite color, little hearts or flower borders, and fun fonts – the ideas are endless!  Just have fun!

Think over what you want to implement for a few days and write them down, so you have a list ready for when fall officially starts on September 23.

What are you going to put on your goal list?  I’d love to know! Please comment below!


Happy list making!

Comments

  1. This is so cool! What a grew idea! i never thought of it this way before.
    minionlover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I saw it and thought, "Why have I never done this before??" :) Such a simple yet great idea!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!