10 Things We Should Be Praying for Ourselves

Hey y’all!  One thing I really love to do is to write in my prayer journal, writing down prayer requests, Bible verses, hand-lettering songs that are prayers, and other things.  Today in my prayer journal, I wrote a list of 10 things that we, as daughters of the King, should be praying for ourselves.  I wanted to share that list with you.

1) Opportunities to witness.  Pray that God would send opportunities for you to tell others the good news of Jesus Christ!

2) Boldness to witness.  Maybe God has already given you some opportunities to witness.  Sometimes all it takes is boldness!

3) A young lady to mentor.  The Bible tells the older women to teach the younger women (some people call these their “Titus 2 mentors”).  Even young people are “older ladies” to some of the even-younger girls.  Ask God to send a young lady that you can be a blessing to.

4) Patience.  Everyone, especially girls, need to be continually growing in patience.  I know I sure need to!  Pray that God would continue to grow you in patience.

5) A humble spirit.  I consider this one of the most important ones!  Pride is the root of so much of our sin.  This is a biggie for me because I really struggle with it.  We need to ask God to give us a more humble spirit!

6) A deeper love for Christ.  Christ loved us to death and back.  He did not have a reason to love us; He just did.  Shouldn’t the love He displayed give us a reason to love Him deeper and deeper each day?  Ask God to help you love Him more and more!

7) New ministry opportunities.  Do you have a desire to minister and show God’s love to other people?  Ask God to give you ways to do that.

8) A new way to use God-given talents.  God has blessed each of us with unique abilities.  Ask Him to show you a new way you can use those talents for His glory.

9) A greater dedication to God.  We all could use this, I’m sure!  Ask the Lord to help you be more dedicated to Him – trusting Him, and willing to follow wherever He leads.

10) Christ would be seen in us.  Let this be our constant prayer throughout life!  To be like Jesus – what could be greater?!  And when we grow to be like Him, all the things I listed above will come naturally.  Pray that Christ would be seen in us today, tomorrow, and forever!


What would you add to this list?

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this, it's very encouraging! :) Your love for and dedication to the Lord is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!