My Goals // May 2016 + April Review

May is almost here already?!  Sometimes I just can’t believe how fast time flies!  I am reminded of how we are always pressing forward.  The days behind us will stay behind us for eternity.  We can never return to those ancient days – only press onward.  God wants us to be always growing in Him, spending our allotted time on earth carefully and for His glory.  We cannot dwell on past days, only look back and consider if we have been faithful to the Lord’s call.  Looking forward, how can you better serve God with the time He has given you?


Each month is only for once in our lifetime.  Once it is gone, it is gone forever.  How do you want to spend this coming month, mindful of how you have spent your former days?

As I get older, I realize how time is so precious.  It is crucial to spend it well.  I remember back to the foolish days of my young childhood – I really cannot say that I was godly in many situations (and I still am not!  I fail all the time).  I was not faithful building up my family and friends, being selfless and helpful, honing skills for the future, and seeking the Lord constantly, as I should have been.  And that is one reason why, at the beginning of each new block of time, I like to make goals!  But first, I want to evaluate last month.  How faithful was I to accomplish what I ought to have?

APRIL GOALS: REVIEW
Blogging:
1) Share with 1+ person.  YES!  I told 4 people about my blog!
2) Start a series.  Not yet.  This is coming!  Comment to let me know what types of series/posts you would like to see on this blog.  (But hey, does monthly goals count?!)
Musical:
1) Begin a new piano piece.  YES!  I began several!
2) Finish “Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken.”  Not yet, sadly.  I began a new arrangement that has kind of taken its place right now.
3) Learn a new guitar chord.  No, not this either.  I haven’t really done anything with the guitar lately.
4) Practice Flute 4 times per week.  I tried to practice more, but can’t remember if I actually did four one week.
Spiritual:
1) Start praying daily with my sister.  Yes!  We are enjoying this time together each night, ending our day in prayer.
2) Memorize Romans 1:1-10.  According to Scripture Typer, I’ve mastered them all, but review is crucial!
3) Finish quoting 1 Peter.  Almost – I only have chapter 5 to finish!
4) Read “Bruchko.”  Yep!  Such a good book; Bruce Olson has an amazing testimony!
5) Start a new missionary biography.  Yes – The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom.  I actually put this on my May goals to finish, but ended up taking it off since I finished it already!
Some other things I accomplished and wanted to share with you were:
1) Mastered 2 piano pieces.
2) Learned all my major scales, chord inversions, chord progressions, and arpeggios on the piano (have you seen the circle of fifths?  It can be quite intimidating!).
3) Made some really cute wire-wrapped/bead/cord bracelets (hopefully will have a tutorial on this sometime soon).
4) Crocheted a baby hat + 1 baby bootie (my friend crocheted the other one)
5) Read another spiritual growth book.

MAY GOALS:
1) Start another missionary biography.
2) Blog a DIY project (maybe the bracelets?).
3) Complete a hymn arrangement.
4) Start a hymn arrangement for 2 instruments.
5) Study a musical era.
6) Begin another piano piece.
7) Play the first 100 songs in our hymnal.
8) Clean out my closet.
9) Take photos for future blog posts.
10) Try a new recipe.
11) Tell 1+ person about my blog.
12) Make a necklace.
13) Make 3 cards based on Pinterest.
14) Fix clothing (I have a stack of clothing that needs repair, whether lace to be added, button to be sewn on, etc.).
15) Put together a repurposed outfit (this is one of my year resolutions, because I want to see the possibilities of how to transform pieces of clothing and incorporating the outcomes into my wardrobe!).
16) Complete a Pinterest project.
17) Read an article (about photography, blogging, or another creative endeavor).

Are any of these goals on your list?
What goals are you making for May?
What goals for April did you complete?


Comment below!  And have a good May!!

Comments

  1. Bella MorganthalMay 2, 2016 at 8:14 PM

    Thanks for sharing these! =) It's so cool to see the goals you have for May! =) and hey, I think monthly goals counts as a series ;)
    I can't believe it's May either! The biggest goal I have for May is to do a book signing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, thank you for agreeing - there's another new year resolution out of the way! :)
      Thank you for sharing your big goal for May! I think it's great :) Happy May and book signing!

      Delete
  2. Cool! I don't have any goals for May really, ugg...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well maybe you'll come up with some :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!