Highlights from 2018

It’s time to talk highlights from 2018!  Standing at the brink of the New Year last December, I could’ve never in a thousand years predicted everything that would happen throughout 2018, from the trials to the triumphs to the lessons to the opportunities.  But truly, God has been good.  Here were some of the highlights from my year!

Performing at the state music teacher’s conference in the spring.  This was my second time performing at the state recital.  I played Clair de Lune.



My birthday + family trip in June.  My grandma found these adorable cupcakes (seriously, chocolate treble clefs?  Best. Thing. Ever) and bought me one. :)



Waterpark trip in the summer.  It happened to be 69* when we entered the park that morning, but thankfully it continued warming up and we didn’t freeze to death! ;)


I tried one of those straight-drop 70-foot slide thingies; you know, the type where you have to cross your arms and ankles and lay down while the ground lies farther beneath you than you’d care for it to… yeah, one of those. ;)


Volleyball.

I’m not sure how much emphasis I should place on the “highlight” aspect of this, because this past volleyball season was one of the most emotionally upsetting, draining, and painful things I’ve ever experienced.  But spiritually, I know that God has used and will continue to use those experiences for good and to grow me as a person.


Aside from all the painful things this season brought, I got some good exercise in, learned a couple new things, and even ended the year getting the Most Defensive Player award.




Fall trip to Dollywood.  {LOOK at those pumpkins!}



On our drive up to Dollywood, our little caravan (because we don’t fit into just one car) came upon this observation area and both vehicles promptly pulled over.  We got lots of photos and just stood there enjoying God’s majestic creation and the beautiful breeze.  As you can see above, I was dressed in jeans and a long sleeved shirt (no layers), and the temperature was PERFECT!




Winning 1st place in the sacred piano solo division of BJU’s annual High School Festival.


OK, so this isn’t something I've announced on the blog before, but I couldn’t do a highlight post without mentioning it.  Winning 1st place in a festival competition was a dream come true, to be sure, but one I thought I didn’t really have a chance at.  I had actually never made sacred finals in festival before, so going “all the way” wasn’t something I really expected, although I felt confident about my piece (which was this arrangement).

I am really thankful for my family and the sacrifices they made, as well as their endless encouragement.  My family was so supportive, and my oldest brother used up some of his “lates” for classes just to come watch me perform during the week.  He was the only one that watched my first rounds competing, and it meant the world to me.  He also was my videographer and took this video and this one for me!  I am also beyond blessed to have so many great friends who support me.  I knew my family had come to watch me perform, but a bunch of friends from church had also come, showering me with love (and flowers, too)!  I was so overwhelmed!



Meeting this girl last week.



(We may have overdone the selfies... you think? ;)

4 years ago (possibly to the day… I can’t seem to find the exact date) I emailed Isabella to subscribe to her magazine, The King’s Princess, and that quickly turned into a friendship.  Last Thursday I got to meet her in person for the first time and we were able to spend an hour or so together.  What a gift!  We'll have to do it again sometime, Bella. ;)




What were some of the highlights of your year?

Comments

  1. Love this so much! I love when you do new years week on your blog :)
    And one of my highlights? Same as you <3 MEETING YOU, DID IT EVEN HAPPEN?! It felt so surreal xD and amazing. and wonderful. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe I finally got to see you in person! What a blessing that was! :) <3 <3 <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!