My Goals // December 2016

Hey y’all!  It’s officially the last month of the year... EEK!  Where did all the time go?!  And Christmas in just a few weeks, I can’t believe.  The majority of our decorations (although there are not really that many of them) went up today, Christmas music has been playing, and this afternoon my mom baked us all some soft, yummy chocolate chip cookies to bring in the wonderful smells and tastes too :)  Oh yes, December most certainly is here!

(And just to add for the record: November thought the perfect thing for a grand finale of the month would be… a tornado! Just 1-2 miles from our house; sirens blaring and all! :O )

Okay, getting off of that rabbit trail… You may have noticed that last month I didn’t make a goal list (*gasps*)!  My brain was a little out of it at the end of October’s whirlwind, so I decided to take a break from making monthly goals.  This month I actually was going to as well, but I couldn’t bear ending off the year without a blog post in my favorite series! ;)  So without further ado, here are my few goals for December:

1)  Keep up with Christmas plans on YouVersion (www.bible.com)
2)  Complete the December photography challenge (who began day one with me?!  I didn’t get a photograph of something red actually, but I got the camera out and got some really pretty Christmas light bokeh!)
3)  Finish learning my 2 piano classical pieces (and begin memorizing)
4)  Fill my prayer journal (almost done; just a few more pages!)
5)  Bake a Christmas dessert
6)  Record a music CD

I thought I’d just keep it simple and realistic, since December is already going to be a crazy month.  Some other things I’m planning on getting done are: Christmas shopping, playing piano in my first wedding, and singing in a Christmas cantata.

I’m excited to hopefully blog a lot these next few months, too!  I already have ideas for multiple posts this month, 3 posts next months, and more! :)  So stay tuned!!

Another winter snow photo from last winter

Have a wonderful December!


What are you hoping on getting accomplished before the New Year?

What do you love about December?


Comments

  1. Cool:D! I love the wintry feel of December and I'm hopefully going to start a book today and finish before Christmas:D This has been a off year for me and I haven't read a novel so I'm looking forward to doing that:D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Beth!! That's awesome that you're hoping on reading an entire book this month... I will be too! I was going to put it on the list, but it isn't really a goal because I know I'll read it within 48 hours (literally). I haven't been reading much either this year, so I really need to make that more of a priority next year :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! Great job! I hope you get your goals finished! :) I can't believe it's December! When did that happen?! :) My biggest goal for December is to launch a new website for my magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bella! I KNOW, where did the year go?!? :O
    And, that's an awesome goal - I can't wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great! I enjoy reading your monthly goals!
    I must confess, I forgot about the photography list for Dec.....I am going to try to make it up by doing two pics a day until I'm caught up! At the end, I'll make a collage and send it to you! What do you think?
    My favorite things about December are snow, Christmas, Christmas decorations and music, cold weather, skiing, the cheer, all the fun things to do, sending friends presents, and so forth!!

    P.S Did you get my letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia!
      Oh, that's fine! Two pics a day sounds awesome until you catch up! I confess that I have a few days I need to catch up on as well, so you're not alone ;) And yes! Please send me your photos at the end of the month!! :) That sounds lovely!

      Yes, I got your letter, and I mailed one back this morning! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, okay! I'm glad I'm not alone, LOL! I love to take photography, so it won't be too hard!

      Yay! I can't wait to get your letter!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!