Card Inspiration // Christmas Gift Card Set

Hey y’all!  It’s just 2 days till Christmas!!  Can you believe it?!   Today I’m wrapping up the last of my gifts, one of which is a card set for my grandma.  I’ve had some cards sitting in my box for a while now, so I figured I would go ahead and make a few more to finish a set of 8.  In no time, I had tied together the little stack and they’re now sitting in a gift bag on a shelf in my room, waiting for another gift to join them before the bag is taped shut and placed under the tree.

I originally thought I would show y’all a picture of each of the cards, but with all the comments I would want to make for each, it would be a long post, so I decided against that :)  However, I didn’t want to post this without discussing my favorite card of the set!


This card may actually be the first card I have made completely with stamps!  When I use stamps, they’re usually not directly on the card, but on a layered paper instead.  This time I decided to branch out, though!  Everything you see on this card is stamping ink.

The candle flame came from a swirl stamp I had, and the “happy birthday” is a stamp as well.  The candle sticks were the trickiest.  I didn’t have a stamp with a thin, straight line, so I had to be creative and figure out another way to put them on. 

I attempted using a small art paintbrush at first.  That didn’t work.  But as I was cleaning the brush off, an idea popped into my head.  I thought, “Hey!  What if I rolled the paintbrush handle in the ink and then pressed it onto the paper?!”  Sure enough, it worked.  Yippee for new techniques!

I even made a simple matching envelope for this card!  I stamped three swirls in different colors on the edge of the envelope.



Alright-y!  Here’s the entire card set.  You may remember the get-well-soon card from this post and the swirly/butterfly thank-you card from this post.





Merry Christmas!!

Comments

  1. Wow! How creative and beautiful! I love your card set! I know your Grandma will be so pleased! I really liked the card made totally with stamps!

    Merry Christmas! I'm working on a letter to you, and should have it sent on Monday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Olivia!! And thank you so much for your Christmas card! It was a wonderful surprise! :) Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. Aw they look lovely! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay, you reached the bottom of the page -- now it's time to comment! :) I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Your comments make my day!